I miss London

by LouBelle 19 Replies latest jw friends

• llbh
    llbh

Hi loubelle i am lucky enough to live 30 minutes by train from London and i do agree it is wonderful city.

I was there last week at an exhibition of French and Russian art and was blown away by it.

I enjoy its vibrancy.

regards David

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I'd move there in a second...

• Carmel
    Carmel

Pander for Picadilli!

• PEC
    PEC

Thanks, Crumpet and Sparkplug, London and Texas (yes, the whole damn state) are now off my list as places to live. Although, I am open to visiting both places to meet my JWD family. I love where I live, even when it.

Philip

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll

London--- I have never been there, Doesn't it rain alot there?

alt

• Princess Daisy Boo
    Princess Daisy Boo

Lou,

I went to the UK on a holiday about 3 years ago... we went in December and we stayed at my sister in law's home in a little town called Woking.

We travelled a little - we went to Bath, Oxford and Brighton, and visited friends who live just on the border of the field where the Glastonbury Fest takes place...We visited the queen for tea at Windsor Castle (well she wasn't in residence at the time, but I had tea there anyway!!!) I bought Chedder in Cheddar (which I snuck through customs back to SA)

We did lots of day trips to London. My sis took me to the ballet at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden. We shopped (well window shopped, rather) at Harrods and drank champagne at Harvey Nicks. We went to the Saatchi and the Tate Modern and the National Gallery... We saw a Dali and a Picasso exhibition. Hubby and I got lost in the rain in a really dodgy part of London trying to find Highbury so that he could see where his beloved team plays football. We took a big red bus tour. I had dinner with George Clooney at Madame Tussauds...

Oh geez - I loved the UK - talking about this makes me so nostalgic. I just want to go back back back... there is so much more I want to see and do and I would absolutely love to try living there!

• Peppermint
    Peppermint

"If the UK is anything like what I see on Top Gear, Coronation Street, or that cops show in London I want to go even more."

Coronation street is not set in London but in some God forsaken place up-north.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Ah DaisyBoo - memory lane - man I do love it. Oh I poor little south african rands are getting weaker by the bloody hour!!!! I vote for a new government with wise financial and head sense.

Sheffield - That's it!!!! - went to a wonderful little club there and had the most awesome time of my life.

I must admit I did the whole touristy thing and don't mind doing it again and again (which I've done)

My cousin has just arrived from London for a little holiday and then he goes back.

• muse
    muse

Hey Crumpet - I live near Croydon and yes its a concrete hell but not completely full of chavs!! We get nice girls at our boxing club!

I work in the West End and the tramps are dirtier than the Croydon ones....

Commuting on the tube is a living hell though. I am thinking of moving out for the duration of the Olympics when it gets here as our transport system can't cope now, let alone with extra people!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I'll be passing through London at the end of April. I hate it, it's too big and crowded and folks always seem to be rushing everywhere. Coming from the backwater hamlet of Nowheresville in Yorkshire, I find London quite stressful, even frightening

I'll get off my train at King's Cross, catch as few tube trains as possible to get to Victoria and straight on the next train to my destination - and do the same in opposite order when I go home!

Here's some aerial views from Youtube for ya LouBelle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SunftDPO1ss&feature=related

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit