I miss London

by LouBelle 19 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I've been to the U.K a number of times. Always spent a good while in London - I absolutely love it. I love the business of the underground, I love the shows that theatres offer, I love the sights and sounds so much. Don't get me started on Haagen Daas!! I love the fact you can buy a piece of pizza for a pound.

Walking through Harrods, especially the sweet dept. is liking walking through Willy Wonkers and as for the perfumery - heaven.

I've travelled up North to Manchester, Lancershire, aaaaaaaand - for the life of me I can't remember (the place where Full Monty took place - where most of the steel factories/mining took place??)

Plus London is so central - it's an hour away from Paris, Amsterdam, 2 from Rome - you can pop all over the place.

I would love to visit in Winter, but that means waiting for the end of the following year, that is too long to wait!!!!. So I'm going to save save save as hard as I can to pop over this year in December and spend christmas with family and friends that I haven't seen in ages.

oh the only thing I don't like about the U.K is that the damn currency is far too strong - 15 of my rands for one pound. So for a decentish holiday I"m looking at 22.5 thousand rand for 1.5 thousand pounds.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

Never been, but want to. Funny how I can't enter the USA even though I am a US Citizen but there is no issue with me flying across the Atlantic and going to the UK. If the UK is anything like what I see on Top Gear, Coronation Street, or that cops show in London I want to go even more.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

LouBelle you are thinking of Sheffield (where the steel works used to be).

London is pretty cool.

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Here's an unusual view of London. It's actually a fascinating website in an "arty" sort of way.

Derelict London - http://www.derelictlondon.com/derelict_london_com.htm

The cemetery secition is actually very green. http://www.derelictlondon.com/cemetery.htm

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Here is London, giddy London
    Is it home of the free -
    Or what?.....

;-)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

And I spend every spare moment saving up to leave it!

If you mean by the "cops show" The Bill - they film that mainly around Croydon, which is a godforsaken concrete hell full of chavs.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Yeah, I miss traveling to London too. /and although I will miss some loved ones here in Texas... I am working hard as hell to get the frig away from here.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Warren Zevon

saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand
    Walking through the streets of Soho in the rain
    He was looking for a place called Lee Ho Fook's
    Going to get himself a big dish of beef chow mein
    Werewolves of London

If you hear him howling around your kitchen door
    Better not let him in
    Little old lady got mutilated late last night
    Werewolves of London again
    Werewolves of London

He's the hairy-handed gent who ran amuck in Kent
    Lately he's been overheard in Mayfair
    Better stay away from him
    He'll rip your lungs out, Jim
    I'd like to meet his tailor
    Werewolves of London

Well, I saw Lon Chaney walking with the Queen
    Doing the
    I saw Lon Chaney, Jr. walking with the Queen
    Doing the
    I saw a werewolf drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic's
    His hair was perfect
    Werewolves of London
    Draw blood

~Hill

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Great pictures on the derelictlondon cemeteries link!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

LouBell , I love London. The best trip was when my mother-in-law was staying in a flat in Chelsey. We did all sorts of things and day trips to Stratford upon Avon and to the Roman Baths and Sally Lund's Buns. I don't think it would be the same without her with me. I hope you have a really good time. Tut Tut. Jolly oh. and all that rot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit