Long Time Lurker....Posting 1st time..Thank you....

by 1144 23 Replies latest jw friends

olah....
    This is my story if you care to read... Thank You.....All Make my long story short.
    Ive always been a beer drinking pot smoking fool...W/occasional trip or 10..
    who enjoyed a spiritual side..so i really did like what the Jduds had to say..
    (that whole peace love & understanding B.S)
    So I was baptized in 97...Never stop smoking the herb..or drinking the yeast
    But was told by an Elder i was studing w/thats ok..Cuz holy spirit would come over me
    and all those inclination would aside...well needless to say he lied..never went to the hall after bap
    i was stoned at my bap....and was for 10 years after..so 10 years later i thought i would give it another try
    went to meetings 3 months...they told me i was prodigal son & that my bap did not count...study i would be rebapt
    Heres..kicker...I quit the herb & moved to the mountains went to meetings 2 months and was dfed..they told me there
    was a new light and there is NO PRODIGAL SON...once baptised ..so thats my story..sorry for the spelling..hope not to choppy
    thats the A.D.D... (i think)
    Whats the matter w/PEACE LOVE & UNDERSTANDING
    Much luv
    P.S. Oh yea...the question...is it true there are nomore prodigal sons..... Thanx

Sorry for the duece postings...

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

Welcome!

• freetosee
    freetosee
    i was stoned at my bap....

Wow, did anyone notice? Did you see the dove? lol

Welcome to jwd!

fts

I wish.... doves are cute..and from what are heard there good eating to....lol

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Welcome aboard.

The Oracle

• metaspy
    metaspy

In regards to "prodigal son", I think it depends on the hall.
    one hall I was in would do Disassociation by action, which was basically DF'ing them.
    whereas another hall took the route of "don't talk about it and come to meetings and its ok" stance.

• freetosee
    freetosee

I know many, many jws have a drinking problem. Jw-life doesnt help but makes it worse. I wonder how many jws smoke?

There was a jw joke: How do you recognize a jws in a discotheque?
    Answer: They are the ones hiding their cigarette behind there backs.

Jws don't get much help from the holy spirit. I think this is the dove J F Rutherford saw when he became what he later called jw...

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

When I was baptized in 1995 I remember being asked before I stepped in the pool whether or not I have been baptized before. From things I had heard, way before I was born some people had gotten baptized twice, but I believe that practice changed well over 30 years ago. I'm curious as to what part of the country you are in where this elder said your baptizm didn't count and you can just study again and get rebaptized.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Drinking the yeast!! Took me a moment. Beer right? Not that other yeast, right? What other yeast, you ask? Never mind.

Welcome to the forum!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit