Fidel Castro gives up power, what will happen?

by JK666 59 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Maybe its just me, but I dont want to shop at Walmart and eat at McDonalds when I am in Cuba

I don't give a flying fuck what you want to eat or where you want to eat. I hope you enjoy your slave labor sweatshop cigars. Choke on it.

The fucking regime took everything. And they killed a lot of good innocent people. My kin included.You think they are so great? Try talking to some exiles. I have a lot of family over there. You are the damned opressor, enjoying your apartheid tropical fling on the backs of slaves.

Burn

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Open your eyes. Tourists don't get to see the real Cuba.

http://www.therealcuba.com/

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The Cuban Memorial displayed at Tamiami Park, Miami, Florida: Each cross bears the name of a victim of Castro's genocide against the Cuban people

• beksbks
    beksbks

Based on my minuscule knowledge of the situation, may I ask some honest questions of you BTS? Do you think that the US should have tried to trade more freely with Cuba in recent years? Do you think that the US position has actually gone on beyond reasonable, and into revenge? Could the US have contributed to a better life for the Cuban people if they had scaled back the policies?

Don't yell at me, I am very unfamiliar with the situation, and only want to learn.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Based on my minuscule knowledge of the situation, may I ask some honest questions of you BTS? Do you think that the US should have tried to trade more freely with Cuba in recent years? Do you think that the US position has actually gone on beyond reasonable, and into revenge? Could the US have contributed to a better life for the Cuban people if they had scaled back the policies?

I believe US policies of decades past are partly responsible for fueling the Cuban Revolution dating back to US imperial aspirations and the Spanish-American war. As for the status quo, I do not see that our embargo has broken the stalemate. It has had plenty of time to work, if it could. The problem with any scaling back of restrictions is how much actually would trickle down to the people and how much would be used to bolster the power and priviledge of the elite. Cuban workers labor for a fixed income. All the overage goes to the state. Cuban workers have no choice. Cuban agri products are partly harvested by Cuban youth labor-involuntarily. They have to give a time in service for several months while they are taken from their families. I have friends who have only been here a few years that describe the high quotas, poor conditions, and insufficient food they recieve, just some watery beans. Some youths would have an arm broken so they could go back home. My opinion on engineering some careful rapprochement that could goad the Castroist regime into some sort of reform is very unpopular in the exile community. When you have lost home, family, and country to the stinking reds, you want to give no quarter. I am a generation removed so my feelings are not as directly involved.

Burn

• beksbks
    beksbks

Thank you Burn.

I also have better insight to your conservative point of view.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

If the Cubans loosen up I may move down and open a bar.... Cuba was the place to be back in the 50's... Castro has cost his country a fortune.

~Hill

• hubert
    hubert

Open your eyes. Tourists don't get to see the real Cuba.

http://www.therealcuba.com/

Thanks so much for this article, "Burn the Ships".

Especially the part where the Cuban flag with the picture of the murderer che Guevara imbeded in it, is posted in back of the desk of the Obama Campaign volunter office in Houston Texas.

And I like the pictures of Obama's wife with the staff worker, Maria Isabel who is the one who "allegedly" put the banner of Che Guevara on the wall in the Obama volunteer office.

And most of all, I find very interesting is the photo of a party that was held at an Obama volunteers house was used as a TABLECLOTH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, I checked out "Snopes.com", and there;s nothing in there about these issues, so they are most probably true.

Hubert

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

BTS is right... My best old buddy's dad was a Cuban athelete and graduate engineer... after Castro he was running for his life... came to the States, learned english while working on a garbage truck. He made it all over again in the US... but he'd rather have it ALL back at home, in Cuba.

Batista was a thug... Castro is a villian. The Bay of Pigs was a day late and a dollar short.

~Hill

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"Castro has cost his country a fortune."

Cuba is poor due to the American embargo. Poor but happy, compared to most Americans. Compare your average Cuban to BurntheShips for instance ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit