Body Numbness

by Chameleon 21 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Please do go to a doctor as soon as possible. It is probably something transient, like a back injury. I did not even notice I hurt my back when the numbness on my lower half came. Do go soon, you will just fret yourself to pieces otherwise. I am sure you are fine.

Burn

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

I made an appointment for Saturday at the local clinic.

I'll let you all know what happens.

And I doubt this is a stroke, since I probably would've been in the hospital by now.

It's been 6 days since this started.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I'm glad you are going to the doctor - be sure to let us know what happens.

• seek2find
    seek2find

Hi Again, since it's been six days, this may very well be an MS exacerbation. If it is, it may last between 3 and 5 or 6 weeks then begin to fade. Your doctor may refer you to a neurologist. I speak from experience. I was diagnosed in 1995. If it is MS, don't let it get you to depressed. It may not be too bad in your case. I still hold a regular job, and have very few problems. PM me any time if you need anything. seek2find

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Re the food poisoning thing... I was just wondering if you'd had a confirmed diagnosis of food poisoning - and what type it was. ie. was it Lysteria, Salmonella, Botulism etc.

I was just hypothesising that if it were Botulism, then the weakness MAY be an after effect of it.

More likely though, the weakness could just be a post-viral response to a bug.

Good luck at the doctors.

• seek2find
    seek2find

One more thing that makes me think it could be MS is that the problem started after a bout of sickness. MS is caused by an over active immune system. The Immune system tries to do it's job and fight against germs and viruses like the flu, but because it's over active it starts attacking the Mylein insulating sheath on the nerves resulting in a short circuiting effect producing weird sensations and numbness, weakness, fatigue, blurred vision and other things. Most people who have it have noticed an increase in their symptoms when exposed to heat. That was the way it was originally diagnosed was by putting someone in a hot bath and seeing if there was an increase in symptoms. seek2find

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

How are you feeling today? It's almost Saturday, I am glad you are going to the doctor. I hope you'll share the results with us, if you want to.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Thanks to everyone that provided some input/advice.

I actually caught a cold, but I'm all right.

Although, in my first post, I said I felt numb, but that was inaccurate.

It's more like my sense of touch isn't as strong as when it was normal.

It's gotten better today, but I know it's not completely back to normal yet.

I'm in my early 20s, and I don't exercise, and I eat out a lot.

I'd like to think that it's just high blood pressure, but tomorrow I'll know for sure what caused this.

It's 1AM on Friday here in California, so I'll see what the doctor says a day from now.

• seek2find
    seek2find

What did the Doctor say???? seek2find

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

She said that it was probably after effects of food poisoning.

I feel fine now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit