JWs win early primaries - will they go on to win the nomination :)

by Qcmbr 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

JWs like other religious movements thrive on feelings of national insecurity and the myth of being surrounded by a dangerous world --- "critical times, aren't they?" The growth of JWs in the States may be a consequence of 8 years George W. Bush with his insistence on defence policy etc. As I tried to show in a previous thread JWs have a poor growth potential in Europe where these feelings are less prevalent (except for the increasing immigrant areas) --- Critical times, you're kidding, right?

Are things about to change with Hillary or Barack? JWs may have won the early primaries but the final nomination? --- I don't think so.

• JH
    JH

Maybe they calculate their growth by the number of new people that go to the memorial every year.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

As usual - statistics lie, and people who put them together are often complete morons.

They're using percentage increase/decrease to determine who is the fastest growing religion. Now imagine I started my own religion 2 years ago. I was on my own. I then converted 2 people last year. I'm now up to 3. I have a 200% increase last year! That's 100 times the growth of the witnesses!

As you can see - this is complete nonsense.

Now look at the Catholic numbers. 67.5 million with 0.87% increase. That an increase of 587,000+. The witnesses were no were close to this number! The catholic church is growing much faster than the witnesses.

Come on people - learn some math.

• Zico
    Zico

I thought the Pentecostals were growing much faster. Maybe they don't count as a 'Church Body'

• cognac
    cognac

Anyways, besides the people who grow up in this religion, don't the others know how to do a google search???

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wouldn't that be an interesting survey how many millions have left the jw's since the early 1900's till now??

Hope4Others

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

WOW Q, thats great. How do your Mormons compare? ;-)

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

JWs increased by 32,000

Mormons increased by 89,000

Catholics increased by 587,000

Who's growing faster?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit