Trying to make changes in my life. Need help!

by crapola 23 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, write a letter to disassociate yourself. That way when they announce your name at the meetings it will
    give the impression that you left on your own free-will and not because you committed some horrible sin. Not
    that it really matters since you'll be shunned and treated as if you were lower than dirt, but that's okay since
    you only have to consider the source. When they say, "(name) is no longer a Jehovah's Witness." - people
    will be wondering why you would leave "God's loving organization" ... maybe it will give others strength to do
    the same. I'm sure there will be those who will be thinking, "Lucky guy! Wish I could leave too!"

If you need help with the letter, PM me.

Good luck!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I'm at a stage where I'd wear a silver pentacle round my neck but maybe you're not there yourself!

Relax and be yourself and let them know you have as much right to be how you want to be as they do and your even gonna respect their choices so long as they do yours.

Depends how sure you are about your new ideas - how much you feel it is a new life for you and so much so that you could explain it feeling good inside. I know that for many years I was uneasy with myself because I was completely lost inside after giving upon a belief I gave myself over to - which as you know demands everything - not easy to replace such a false system since usually you're wary of everything now and prefer space in nowhere land just to regroup your feelings.

Stick up for your right to give yourself time to finally discover what you truly think and feel, without others trying to steal it from you! You allowed that to happen too long already!!

• crapola
    crapola

I've really enjoyed reading the replys so far . Keep em coming. Need all the encouragement I can get.

• yumbby
    yumbby

I dont' have anymore advice, but I just wanted to welcome you to the board :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit