Very HIGH Snow Banks where I live

by JH 21 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Our banks aren't as high, but they are pretty high. We've had some melt offs, otherwise, they'd be as high. I've gotten my eagle talon caught twice in the snow this year. Once turning into a sign road, the other into Julian's babysitter's drive way. That hasn't happened until this year. We are supposed to get a bunch more Sunday night. We've had below zero fahrenheit temps. Bitter, dangerous cold. On the parking lot sides of our building, the snow reaches over half way up the windows. On my side, the snow is not banked but is two and three feet deep and the pond is frozen over.

It was -4 fahrenheit the other night. That's -20 Celsius. I recall in Chicago the winter of 76-77, it was well below zero Fahrenheit for over thirty days. I remember the worst was -28 with a windchill of 40 below. When it got up to 28, just four degrees below freezing, we had to take our coats off because it felt too hot. Winters are nowhere near that cold anymore. Dad says we are coming out of an iceage. He's an oceanographer. He believes that when the poles melt, the iceage will be over. He doesn't believe in global warming. You never know.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

I moved to Canada because I wanted seasons (actually the wife made me, but I will never let her have the satisfaction of knowing that.) Growing up in southern Virginia this is still taking some getting used to.I lived in Denver for a while but the snow there is different than the snow here. Last year we were spoiled in Ontario with that mild winter, now I guess we are paying for it. But form what I understand this is just a 'normal Ontario winter so all in all its not bad. It beats the Buffalo winters from a few years ago I had to endure. Still, I am tired of winter. Bring on the spring.Hell not even spring. Just a day or two of no snow on the ground and a full day of sunshine would suffice.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit