Some questions that I didn’t find the answer as a JW – Part 1

by tooktheredpill 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Carmel
    Carmel

Literalism in reading either the ot or nt is like unto playing in a sand box and thinking it is the totality of the world. carm

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Who Raised Jesus when he died? Jehovah Act 5:30 Heb 13:20 and there are more

Mog,

I take it you meand Acts 13:30 here.

Ac 13:30 But God raised him from the dead:

Heb. 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

This is true, God did raise Jesus from the dead. But such scriptures do not deal with the dual natures that this Jesus now had at that time. They simply deal with the fact that such a resurrection of this Jesus did take place and God was responsible for it and in fact authorized it.

Mog then said: Who Raised Jesus when he died? the SPIRIT of him (lets get back to this to distinguish 'him') Romans 8:11 Who Raised Jesus when he died?

8:11 But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

This scripture is dealing with Jews still keeping the Law and teaches against the Law also called flesh that was still guiding their lives. It now teaches us of a new Spirit, the Spirit of God, that Spirit of adoption that is based upon the promises God made in times past and recorded in scripture. The Spirit of Him is still means God , nothing has changed. God raised Jesus from the dead as this verse is teaching. Him is God in this text and the Spirit is God’s will which did away with this Law.

Mog said: Jesus did John 2: 18-22 "breakdown this temple and i will raise it in 3 days...he was talking about the temple of his body" okay.. IF Jehovah raised Jesus, Jesus raised himself, then who raised Jesus? Jehovah and Jesus..NEXT if they both raised Jesus, and we know the SPIRIT of HIM would need to be added as Jehovah and Jesus, thus making it the HOLY SPIRIT, then..help me out here... tickle your brain on this one...

Tickle your brain for a change Mog and read it again. Who does it prophesy will raise the human body of Jesus? "I"? Does this mean Jesus? Yes! Jesus did NOT say I will restore my life from death. Why do you make such an assumption? Do you have proof somewhere that I missed? What John taught that Jesus meant by his statement made to the Jews before him was the "body" of Jesus. Yes, Jesus did raise the dead body executed by them with the assistance of Roman authorities. God raised Jesus from death as the scriptures teach and Jesus raised the body that was in the tomb by himself without God’s assistance. Did you know this? Can we show this somehow from scripture? Yes! The life of Jesus should not be confused with the Nature of Jesus. Simply ask, what kind of nature did this Jesus have before becoming human? Which kind of nature was offered for us? Were both natures involved in this resurrection? As I have already shown both natures were involved as His life now included both natures.

Joseph

• JosephMalik
  • In the 7th day “God proceeded to rest”… If Jehovah and Jesus are 2 different entities, why Jehovah needed to “rest from all his work”, if everything was supposed to be created by Jesus, as the “master worker”? (See Pro.8:30)
  • Tooktheredpill,

If, such a little word but that is where it all goes wrong. Jesus did not create everything. We do not even know who was commissioned to create the animals and plants. There were other beings involved, we know that much. And at least one of them stuck their nose where it did not belong we learned in the garden. The only thing we really know from scripture is that Jesus created the human race that he later redeemed. So the problem is with the false doctrine you have been taught and not with the scriptures.

Joseph

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

Thanks to all for your comments!

"Jesus did not create everything. We do not even know who was commissioned to create the animals and plants. There were other beings involved, we know that much"

JosephMalik: I found your comments pretty interesting. As you know, JW teaches that Jesus was the ONLY being that Jehovah created directly. As the Universe is sooo big, it makes sense to me that millions of angels probably helped! If not, what were they doing?? Just watching and clapping??

TTRP

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Tooktheredpill.

Yes, this is a problem everywhere you look. Words like "all, God, Spirit, heaven" along with many texts are taken out of context all the time. And they do not want you to think for yourself because if you did, you would know they were lying to you just to control you, your time, and money. So what if there would be different views all over the place. We have that already. And what I found out was that if we really dig in the opposite would happen. Others were saying and writing the same things I was because they were getting their information from the same place all by themselves. So the WTS wild idea that this would cause confusion went poof just like that. It turns out that this would cause a revelation instead and many would benefit from it.

Joseph

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

Damn, these are some pretty interesting questions!

Why did all the "noble" men of the bible always end up doing something horrible in the eyes of God?

(And I don't need to mention all of them, but some examples are David, Solomon, Samson, and there was a king that started with an "M" but I can't remember right now, he was the one that got the whole nation of Israel worshipping some false god, and then repented and received forgiveness...)

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Why did all the "noble" men of the bible always end up doing something horrible in the eyes of God?

civicsi00,

You could ask: Why are Christian ministers and sholars today doing something horrible in the eyes of God? Why do they continue to teach false doctrine and not correct it? Why does the WTS keep lying about the Governing Body that it deceptively patterned from scripture? Why do people allow themselves to be mislead by such men? We can keep going on and on like this. But the real question that should be asked is what are we personally doing about it? Why do so many let fear and ignorance run their lives? What would be your answer to such questions?

Joseph

• Share this

Google+
    Pinterest
    Reddit