what is god doing?

by shadowofbathory 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I had to google bathory - didn't know what it is. So, I found this interesting:

Bathory
    Genre(s)
    Black Metal, Viking/Thrash Metal
    Lyrical theme(s): Anti-Christ, Satan (old), Epic Themes, Odinism

so old bathory here is an anti-christ lover of satan, eh?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

oh I see the shadow literally posted a topic and ran - why is it that JWs' get so offended even when you ask them a simple question about their god?

And if his retaliation is to call me names, insult me, well then that just tells me exactly what kind of a person he is and that if his god were to judge him, shadow might not like what his god finds.

Sticks and stones......

• shadowofbathory
    shadowofbathory

to set the record straight i apologise for the insult about your pic, i only said that because u said u do not get insulted and it was a gimme, seriously my bad, i have read your posts in teh past and do appreciate your comments.

Actually part of the reason i posted in response to your question was because you always write intelegent stuff and i viewed your question as being very much out of character. Really sorry again.

pioneer spit, why do u request moderation? so what if i 4 years ago was posting under a different name? do i not have the right to free opinion and speech as you have ( and others ) in calling me names?

the fact remains that i believe the question and susequent responses are incredibly naive for reasons so obvious to me that under my discretion i dont feel compelled to elaborate.

Whats slightly amusing to me at least is that as a ex-jw community it seems like most of u have all fallen into the same communal minded mental quagmire u may have had as dubs.

Beware you may become allergic to yourselves.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Loubelle, I took the time to write a long and thoughtfull experience and post on a JW board. I was quite suprised to get called names and really assaulted as if in a schoolyard by bullies. It was amazing really. I actually thought in my mind still and this was somewhat recently that these people were just misled, as I had been, but would behave with some class. I did not attack the teachings, call names nor put them down. Just gave an experience of what had happened to me and how suprised I was to find myself on the other side of the fence kind of thing. Basically I got the same thing you just got. The photoshop comment.

I had not put an avatar up, but the stupidity of what was written back to me and about me was soooo childish, I don't even think I went back. My mind could not even believe these were what I used to think of as Jehovahs sacred people. At least a decent group for the most. I could not even discuss with them. I realized I had outgrown such rubbish. It was a lark. A crock of crap I was not willing to look at or stand around and smell.

So don't worry your beautiful mind one moment about it. Usually someone who cannot defend themself with something of substance will resort to name calling and over ride what you have to say with loudness and talking down to you, arrogance and a false sense of rightness. Then when proven wrong, or maybe before being shown a better way or having to face facts...they run. It is too much for a feeble mind or character to take. The change required will break them, so instead of embracing it, they call names and run.

You know it is not even in your game already...

smooches

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Thanks Shadow for reposting - I missed this first time around.

I you were to write a list of all human miseries we actually know about, they would sit very nicely on the other side of a scale when balanced with 'what is god doing?'

We who are alive enough to worry about the answer are obviously not one of the millions staring at death enough to feel it!

Looks like its left to us to try and resovle the answer since even thousands of years ago innocents were being slaughtered and god did not step forward so it's just as likely to continue that way as not!

And Shadow, are you attempting to start a new religion? Challenging others and coming out with circular reasoning about yourself?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Shadow - each and everyone is entitled to their opinion - it's just how one puts that opinion across that shows the type of person one is. I'm not interested in sorries I'm not interested in what you think of me / what I look like / how you rate my intelligence.

Sparkplug - Thank you - I totally get what you saying - Thanks again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit