A Dream That Warned Me ...

by sacolton 8 Replies latest jw friends

• sacolton
    sacolton

When I was first studying the "Knowledge Book" - I remember a dream I had that stuck with me to this day ...

The dream involved a very rich man sitting on a throne in a fortress. He was very large and draped with fine
    jewels and gold. He also held a gold scepter and wore a crown. On his chair were the words, "Jehovah".
    Another man appears next to him and says, "They are all worshipping YOU now." and he answered back
    saying, "Good."

It was a very uneasy feeling. I didn't quite understand it back then, but I told my soon-to-be wife about it
    and she didn't know what it meant either. Now I do. The man was the WTBTS who has placed himself
    as a "god" over his followers.

I feel this dream was a warning to me, but I just never understood it until now - nine years later.

What do you think?

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

or it could just be your subconcious mind picking through what you were studying and putting it in movie style. A dream can be purely that - a dream on the days/weeks events, nothing to it.

shew - today I have an opinion on everything.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    sitting on a throne in a fortress.

Did the fortress have watch towers?

I think dreams that stick with you are important to pay attention to. I do believe they are messages perhaps

from your subconscious or something else, but are for you only. Since you remembered this one so vividly,

I'm sure it was definitely an important personal message.

• dawg
    dawg

I think you may be on to something... dreams are our minds backlogging what it has taken in... you logical mind wanted an imput and made the images you saw in the dream... it may have saved you a lot of pain.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'll go with what Loubelle said.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Don't try to put too much meaning into dreams, I think that's what Charles Manson did.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

Hi Saco. May I ask where you are at this point with the WTS? Might help to understand the dream.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Worldtraveller, I disassociated myself a few days ago ... after nine years.

Reflecting back on the dream, I believe it suggests that the organization places itself as the Salvation
    and refuses to acknowledge Jesus Christ as the sole channel for Salvation:

"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

- sacolton

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

I'm with Journey on this one. If you've remembered details of the dream lo this 9 years, it must have been an important one. I think you're okay to try to assign meaning to your dreams- as long as they don't start telling you to kill anyone, and your dog isn't telling you to kill anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit