If given this choice, which one would you choose?

by journey-on 26 Replies latest jw friends

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

Journey-On, If I have one day of hearing, I would be very interested to make direct phone calls or receive direct phone calls. I use the relay service but the operator is always involved.(not enough privacy)

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Taste - I'd finally have no food cravings.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I'd give up sight - I'd still be able to get along pretty well in life.

I couldn't give up the smell of a fresh morning, or a freshly bathed baby.

I couldn't give up the touch of a lover or the feel of the sand between my toes

I couldn't give up the taste of cherries, strawberries the saltiness of a lick

I couldn't give up hearing the ocean or the call of a wild bird, or hearing the way someone you love says your name.

Without sight my other senses would only be hightend

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

taste..the others are too important to me.

• journey-on
    journey-on

(LouBelle -- You are the only one that said you would give up sight! For most people, sight is the number one sense they MUST keep!)

The reason I asked this topic question is because if there exists a non-corporeal pure consciousness, this intelligence would not have physical

eyes, ears, nose, skin and nerve endings, nor taste buds to experience this dense world of matter. It could only experience this dimension

by means of a conscious connection to YOU. You, being a conduit, to the realm of pure consciousness, send these vibrations out and

how they are experienced in the realm of pure consciousness is not known by us. Do we receive back information in some way that we

have yet to decipher? This is where I think this evolving sixth sense is beginning to emerge. Perhaps we, as a species, are evolving toward

this ability toward higher intuition and perception, and the result will be communion with that higher vibratory realm.

Any thoughts?

• ButtLight
    ButtLight

Smell for me, then maybe I would quit throwing up when scooping the litter box!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Smell. That way I can converse with people in the morning who have bad morning breath.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit