The Bible is Bullsh*t

by wanderlustguy 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wanderlustguy
  • willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

I love me some Penn and Teller.

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Request blocked by sweetface's IT Dept. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact your system administrator.

The only time I appreciate this message is when that one dude puts an embedded youtube clip on the end of every post.

• 5go
    5go

I totally agree with Penn's last statement

• startingover
    startingover

Great quote in that video:

"Smart people are very good at rationizing things they came to believe for non smart reasons."

• metatron
    metatron

If you really want to understand the value of the Bible, I suggest you rent the film "Second Hand Lions" and consider its lesson.

metatron

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That proves that the Bible is not worth following. The science is crap. There is no way an ark could have been built in that time, without some of the logs rotting. Food storage would have been impossible. As for the Red Sea, anyone trying to walk across it with an east wind blowing hard enough to part the water would be blown back west.

The clip also shows that there is no evidence outside the damn Bible that the Israelites spent 40 years wandering across the desert. Some did in fact die, and where is the evidence of the bones? And, there is no evidence whatsoever that they actually invaded Israel.

What about the New Testament? They did a good job telling me that, if one was to obey one part of the Bible and not others, then one might as well obey the law. Working on the Sabbath, putting disobedient children to death, and the like would be unacceptable. I fully believe that the Bible was assembled by a crooked organization (the original Catholic church) that sought to control and enslave mankind, and nearly succeeded in permanently suppressing knowledge. All so the leaders could continue usurping from the people.

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Good condensed video. I like Penn and Teller's bu11$h!4 on circumcision, too. The book Biblical Nonsense by Jason Long goes through the same material as the P&T video, only more in depth.

Dave

• betweenworlds
    betweenworlds

Great stuff! If people would apply the same reasoning they use when looking at other mythologies to their own belief systems the world would be a much better place.

Think outside of the box!! There's a lotta cool stuff outside of the box :)

Betweenworlds

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Can't see a thing so I'm posting blind - the bible is okay - surely it can't be all that bad people - morally it teaches us some good thing - the 10 commandments are a decent way of living aren't they.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit