Are We Any Better Than the Witnesses?

by Caljuher 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Another btw... Don't take me too seriously. Lately, i come here to play.

S

• NoLoveLost
    NoLoveLost

I am sorry you are deciding to leave - I think if you stick around you will also see massive outpourings of support and unconditional love...

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

Tyrone, you are right. Take it or leave it. I am leaving it, after a short time.

This is what you all enjoy, so more power to you. I have never felt so unwelcomed or hated since I left the Watchtower and those JWs...

I hope you don't leave, but since you stated the above, I went through all your posts and the replies to them, and I couldn't see how you could say don't feel welcome, until I came to this thread. However, even there you are 'welcome' (at least on the same level as anyone else), but your problem seems to be that on this forum, belief in God, prayer and even basic spirituality is open for debate. Seeker may have been a bit harsh in the way he conveyed his thoughts there, but he should be allowed to ask believers to explain their views and reasons for believing.

How can you say you feel you've been hated here though? Only reason I can find, is that someone disagreed with your belief system (and then only vicariously through another poster who "took the heat" in that thread). Sorry, but whether you are a Christian, Hindu, Buddhist, atheist, agnostic, Satanist, Kabbalist... you'll have to expect to answer questions about your beliefs here (well - if you enter those debates, at least). How that correlates to not feeling welcome, I don't know. Actually, I kinda do know, because that's probably how I would have felt when I still had my very fragile JW beliefs.

I hope you stay, and perhaps your faith will be strengthened by the experience, since you'll have to examine your own views in a different way. -Perhaps I'm extrapolating too much here and putting words in your mouth (or 'thoughts in your head') that aren't yours, but these are the conclusions I come to after having tried to find what you felt personally offended by.

• fifi40
    fifi40

Caljuher

I have to agree with Awakened's comments..............I too looked back at your posts and was suprised you felt so 'hated and unwelcome'.

There are tons of different types of threads on this board..........some that offer support to those who need it, some that are fun and silly, some that are a hot bed of debate.........usually the ones entering into a heated debate do so of their own choice.

People have opinions..........people have different ways of conveying their opinions..........people have different levels of maturity, respect, anger, love, consideration, humility and many more human characteristics...........this is true of the the world and the human race ..........not just the users of this board.

If you can find peace with yourself and your own beliefs, then really nothing anyone else can say to you should or can make you feel hated or unwelcome..............even if someone says hateful things to you directly, you can understand that this is their problem, not yours, their lack of maturity, not yours, venting of their anger, not yours and so on.

Fi

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

people are people - they bleed, they hurt, however the JWs' are monitured, we aren't, some of us have chosen freedom, they can't unless they want to be defed and then family cant speak to them...

I think a lot of us have a better quality life than Jws'

• caliber
    caliber

caljuher ,

Your well thought out reason appeals to my heart and mind !

Caliber

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    Are We Any Better Than the Witnesses?

Calj, there is no "We" here. There is neither the royal "we," the scientific "we," nor the editorial "we." Nor is there even the ol' mouse in the pocket "we."

By stating your case as you have above, you would be including in your "we" people here who absolutely agree with you 100%.

I hope you stick around and change your mind. In that order.

• Layla33
    Layla33

I think debate is good for the soul, but anger and nastiness should not be a part of it. I think everyone is entitled to walk their own path, and I wish them the best. Just don't try to indoctrinate with me or try to force feed me that your way is the best way. What works for you, may not work for someone else. I respect everyone's belief's, I may have a question or comment, but at the end of the day it is your right to believe what you wish.

I find people on here friendly for the most part, I enjoy reading their thoughts and experience. Those that are bitter and attacking, I just scroll past it, just like I would in real time.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Some outsiders may look on and think its a cae of sour grapes or revenge having a go at the WT society!

They do not see that essentially it is spelling out a statement of fact that these people with their hardline belief will without fail mislead people into their own demise. They are not people centred! They are ditatorial, mindcontrolling and power driven for total control! Such a system will harm many secretly, quietly and without regret! It claims to have the only truth bar none!

We are simply telling a truth about what it claims an about what it continues to do in spite of its claims to effect perfect peace.

Illogical dogma cannot be happily nurturing humans to synchronise with nature and all life on Earth especially when it blatently wrenches families apart who refuse to wholly accept all their authority!

I've said this before - the most insincere are the ones who survive in it and prosper - the ones who keep quiet about their disloyalties because it affords them a degree of independence - a degree of whatt it is to be human!

But if you decide to change to a nature based belief system beware you do not slate other religions because of a 'harm none' philosophy!

My take is I intend noone harm but cannot deny that which I know first hand about beliefs which disconnect souls from humanity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit