Most current teachings and beliefs

by bite me 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a single place that list all the current beliefs and teachings of the JW's. I like to have something I can compare history with to have something to fall back on to show people changes in the belief that they are being taught.

Thanks!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

As far as I know, there is none. Their beliefs keep changing, and once a web site succeeds in listing them all, they add or change something, rendering it out of date.

I know there is no complete list of teachings among witless sources. If there were, it would take someone with half a brain to put them together in a semi-integrated fashion, find that some clash with each other, and just plain walk out. And, if there was a complete guide, people would have something to work with. Hounders would be able to accurately discern who is following the rules and who is not. It would be impossible to enact a hidden ban on entertainment, coffee, sports, and the like if people could see the whole list of rules. So, I am not expecting any complete list of witless rules to ever show up (and even if the apostates did manage to find them, they would already be out of date).

• cognac
    cognac

I don't think they even have it straight...

• bite me
    bite me

I would totally be willing to be on a team to help find stuff and help compile it. I would just need guidence to where to start.

• auxillaryapostate
    auxillaryapostate

most current teaching is the "generation that will not pass away". First it was "those living in 1914 who saw the signs would not pass away" that was changed to a different meaning of the word "generation" which meant anyone living in this time of the end. The current teaching of the "generation that will not pass away" is now applied to the "annointed". Go to their publications. hope this is what you meant.

• cognac
    cognac

Speaking of most current teachings...

I've been told by multiple elders that if you know the society teaches something incorrect and can prove it biblicly, you are still supposed to not only go along with what they say, but teach this incorrect truth and that you should wait for the "new light" to come out... I've told this to my husband... He didn't believe me.

Does anybody know where or if the society outright states this???

• cognac
    cognac

bttt

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This is an interesting proposition. I mentioned to my study conductor about Jesus returning invisibly in 1914, which seems to be standard WT doctrine, and he thought that Jesus did not actually return, but simply sat down on a throne.

My JW has been active for less than 10 years, so maybe the return has been toned down and enthronement ramped up. Some of this doctrine appears to subtly shift over time and makes it hard to pin down a change.

Perhaps those cynical suggestions that they make it up as they go along has some merit. :-(

• bite me
    bite me
    Speaking of most current teachings...

I've been told by multiple elders that if you know the society teaches something incorrect and can prove it biblicly, you are still supposed to not only go along with what they say, but teach this incorrect truth and that you should wait for the "new light" to come out... I've told this to my husband... He didn't believe me.

Does anybody know where or if the society outright states this???

that is interesting. Why would they want to teach lies.. oh wait that is what they do best. Seriously though, Elders told you that if you can prove it against the bible you still have to go with the flow and wait for the flickering light again?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    if you know the society teaches something incorrect and can prove it biblicly, you are still supposed to not only go along with what they say

While you and I may not always agree with it,
    it is not the message that is important,
    it is our obedience to it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit