will i ever be able to move on (my daughter was abused)

by looloo 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

KW said it

i acknowledge the hurt your daughter has gone through with yourself makes my issues with the Society seem like nothing.

That said , I can really feel for all the mothers and others on this thread. It took a long time for me to accept that the child abuse scandal was real, it seemed so far fetched, since I had not encountered it, and even as an ex dub, I could not see this as happening in the Org. that I knew. But the weight of evidence is overwhelming and now of course I understand the reality of the situation.

Perhaps that is why so many dubs deny it. It sounds too bad to be true - until you discover that it is true....

In relation to the original post, as has been said, the elders have to run everything past the Legal Dept in cases like this.So I would not hold my breath in expectation that they will ever respond to you..Seek help elsewhere.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Looloo, I'm so sorry to hear about what happened to your daughter. I hope that both of you can heal from this awful event in your lives. I didn't want you to think that I didn't care. I had to write some sort of response. I'm not the best at helping people that are suffering. Take care.

• ladylove
    ladylove

abused myself for many years, the words I hold close to my heart today came from my older brother, the only one in the world I could trust

"If only I had a magic wand, I would take your pain and throw it off a cliff." The next week he asked me to write all my anger and pain down on paper, we took the two day drive to the grand canyon where he put my hurt in a can and let me burn it, then we poured the ashes over the cliff (after they cooled of course). My brother cried and wraped his arms around me.

what happened next let me know that he shared my pain,

He took a paper out of his pocket, and read it to me. it was his own list of anger and pain. He was angry that he didn't know I was being hurt, He was angry that he couldn't protect me. He felt pain because I hurt. He took the can, burnt the paper, and through the ashes over the cliff.

to this day when I feel sad, or offended, I can see my brothers eyes and ashes floating down.

I hope you can find some relief in my story

give your angel a hug of love

• looloo
    looloo

all your replys have been so nice , and restored my faith in human nature , considering you are "apostates" and the jws "gods people" you dont and have never even known me in the flesh , but say the right things and show you care , where as my jw friends have not come to see me or even mention the situation when they do see me because they are not allowed , surely this will make them question things . thank all so much xx

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Help for you and your daughter may be found at www.silentlambs.org . Please contact them, and they can help with all aspects:emotional, legal, etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit