Florida Police at Their 'Best'?

by Sad emo 13 Replies latest social current

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    It's no different here in Toronto. Unfortunately there was no video surveillance when the cops arrested me, beat me up at the police station, and produced manufactured evidence to send me to jail for a crime I had no part of. Of course, that was 26 years ago, but I can't imagine things are much different now. My York region ex-cop brother in law agrees.

What an OUTRAGE.

• belbab
    belbab

I have to admit that I too would just love to bash the police.

But,

In this case there is some evidence that a minor mistake was made that shows that it was an accident.

If you look closely you see the invalid before the incident leaning forward and putting the brake on the left wheel, and he no doubt put it on the right wheel also, but the camera does not show it. This is proper wheelchair procedure, done automatically by any care giver or the patient himself.

The photos are not continuous like a moving picture, but are a series of still photos.

The attendant, deputy or policeman, pushes on the chair, but the brakes are on, so he pushes harder and tips him out.

Any caregivers, out there, that have a knowledge of wheel chair procedure that can corroborate this?

belbab

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, once the guy was dumped out of the wheelchair, the deputy didn't rush to help him. She spent some time searching him and rolling him around on the floor. I can see why they might want to search him pretty thoroughly, people can think of all sorts of ways to get contraband into jail, but I think dumping him on the floor is too much. I'm not bashing police in general; I owe my life to the police and I am very supportive of them. But this particular deputy in the video has clearly been on the job too long.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

TAMPA, FLA–The Hillsborough detention deputy who can be seen on a sheriff’s surveillance tape dumping a quadriplegic man out of his wheelchair onto the floor of a booking room at the Hillsborough County Jail will be charged with abuse of a disabled person, a third degree felony.

Sheriff David Gee said that Deputy Charlotte Marshall Jones, 44, a 22-year veteran of the sheriff’s office, was aware of the warrant issued but he didn’t know when she might surrender. If convicted, she could face up to five years in prison.

I tried pasting the link 3 times it did not work so here is the gist of the article. Hope it makes it a little better.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit