what as your first jolt that started your wake up process?

by yourmomma 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Whynot
    Whynot

It was gradual for me. I started having my own opinions opposite the Watchtower after pioneer school with the generation change. I didn't actually truly wake up until I had a conversation with a PIMO. It was perfect timing too. I was having a lot of doubts and we discussed them. He was a long time trusted friend.

So don't lose hope.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's never just one thing, but sometimes there are a few big things.

For me, it was...

a) ...realizing evolution had to be true, and therefore the Watchtower's understanding of Christianity was irrevocably flawed...

b) ...realizing that some people - no matter what - simply could not fit the Watchtower mold, no matter what the Watchtower said, and...

c) ...realizing that the Watchtower fully intended to - for all intents and purposes - rule the planet forever after Armageddon.

The first two were shocking in their own way.

The third just made me feel sick to my stomach.

• Confusedandangry
    Confusedandangry

Watching a member of the GB lie and mislead the audience with his answers at the ARC. I think he has and will continue to help many start to wake up.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Confusedandangry - "Watching a member of the GB attempt to lie and mislead the audience with his answers at the ARC...and fail..."

Fixed that for you. * wink *

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit