Firm and determined in this time of the end!

by dawg 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Dawg - us south africans are hard core........

on the jw side of things we were very "removed" from the states and that - I think with it being massive there you are exposed to all the nonsense that goes on - not so here.

• oompa
    oompa
    Dawg:

Why is it you don't personally take a stand? Realizing all the while that I understand why many of you don't so don't be defenseive, I'm not attacking you, I just want to know.

What exactly do you mean here Dawg? Is quitting service and meetings a stand? Showing the elders, family, and friends the BS and the cult side of JW? It has not made any of them happy...in fact even my dfd son stood up for WT in one discussion...weird! How is your stand working out?......................................oompa

• dawg
    dawg

What you're doing is taking a stand Oompa, seems that's what I'm talking about... I was wondering about those who do nothing and know it BS.

• Maddie
    Maddie

As with all things, most people weigh up the costs and they don't want to pay the price. Some of us weigh up the costs and decide that we have to make a stand and fight the WT whatever the price.

Maddie

• oompa
    oompa

Dawg, part of me feels like chicken$hit for not being even more vocal, but I was driving my wife to tears too much, and that is tough to see so I backed off. If I had balls I woul DA and get on with my life. The family thing is tought though............................oompa

• dawg
    dawg

Oompa, I have a father, mother, and sisters, nices and nephews... I was close to all of them at one time... none talk to me now... But I would never let them tell me theuy can speak aouut the Wt and I must remain silent..and I feel I was doing them a favor telling the truth.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I finally had to with my step mother and sister. There was just no hiding things anymore. It did NOT go well at first. She attacked me, said really hurtful things, called me apostate, went to the elders in her hall and told them, told my brother she took me out of her will, and there is alot more. Somehow I managed to keep my Irish temper in check, told her I was sorry she felt that way, that it was her decision to close the door on our relationship, not mine, I would always be here.

I have to say, when I finally did tell her and even after the reaction I got, I felt a tremendous weight off of my shoulders. I felt "free" finally. After several months of no contact, she came by and apologized, and we have an agreement to not talk about religion. She's stuck to her word so far, although I have a feeling it's going to come up with what's going on with my uncle. We'll see.

BB

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

Has anyone read Dogaradodya's profile? It says in part:

The reason I want to link up with fellow ex-JWs is because I want to set up United World. It will be a parallel or even superior organization to the United Nations. It aims to unite all religions, discover God once and for all, if any, or define a universal God. Maybe you can help. I cannot do it alone.

Gosh, where do I sign up??!!

He was restricted to 5 posts a day and is now posting under the name "The Graduate". PLEASE STOP W/ THE YOUTUBE EMBEDDED PAGES!!!!!!!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

LOL!!@Mary!..Girl,that was priceless!!............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit