New Special Talk Outline: #170 Who Is Qualified to Rule Mankind.pdf

by Scully 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I am thinking of sending the following letter to an elder who was once a friend of mine:

Dear XXXX:

I hope you will read this, as it contains important questions that I would like to understand about your upcoming ‘Special talk’ in April, 2008.

As I reviewed my copy of the outline, I found several anomalies which I hope you would be willing to address. I will include in my questions both a positive slant and a more pessimistic stance. I hope you will take a moment to consider my questions and forward an answer.

The outline, as you can see, contains over 20 references to Jesus specifically, and only one of ‘Jehovah’ by name. Is this a reflection of a legitimate move toward more mainstream Christian doctrine?

Or rather?;

An attempt to convince visiting onlookers of that, without the doctrine actually changing much

in reality? I particularly ask the question, due to the fact that the study article for the same week displays an opposite polarity - Though it is entitled; “Jesus Christ - The Greatest Missionary”, paragraph one immediately urges “people to draw close to Jehovah God and enjoy a precious relationship with him”. The balance of the article does the same. There is little in that article to entice one to draw to Jesus, instead to draw upon Jesus’ example as a means to this end. In this context, Jesus becomes little more than a ‘motivational speaker’, which is significantly polar to the supposed acclamation paid him in the public address.

Back to the talk; Under the Sub-Heading “What Rule By Christ Jesus Will Accomplish”, I noted a very disturbing trend of thought. Scriptural support for a strong economy, good health care, protection, and the earth’s ecology, were all supported by scriptures that are recognized to have been fulfilled by the nation of Israel, not by surviving apocalyptic Christians on earth. If indeed this was the belief of Jesus, why cannot such support be found in the more modern New Testament references, even Jesus‘ own words?

One final point: In the final Sub-Heading these two statements are made to round the conclusion;

“Evidence that he has taken power and begun ruling in heaven is abundant. We urge you to grow in your understanding of these facts.”

Yet no evidence is presented, nor can it be that Jesus is ruling in heaven, just assertion. How can anyone be urged to ’grow in understanding of assertion’? Could you please present such evidence to me? If you could, I might be found back among your organization. I also noted the clear elimination of the date 1914 in this discussion, and find it very interesting. The society has eliminated 1935 as the sealing date, changed ‘the generation’ understanding, all since the introduction of the ’private Watchtower’ this year. I suspect that the elimination of 1914 will follow, but I could be wrong.

I look forward to your answers. Please keep my copy of the talk outline for personal reference.

In Christ;

Thoughts?

Jeff

Of course I understand that he will toss it - but perhaps a seed could be planted. My sending a copy of the outline might enrage him. That's good - for emotion often seeds thought.

• observador
    observador

"Jesus becomes king, war breaks out in heaven and, as a result, he sends Satan and the demons down to the earth. All of this supposedly happened in 1914, and that is why there have been so many more problems on Earth ever since. (Again, supposedly)"

And don't forget that JESUS decided to send SATAN right down to the "earth", with so many places in the Universe... and SATAN got really mad... with MANKIND. Supposedly, of course.

When I read this stuff I get so embarrassed I believed this non-sense one day. Shaking head is disbelief.

Peace.
    Observador.

• potleg
    potleg

So let's see...Jesus throws satan to the earth, where satan then does all kinds of rotten stuff to the unsuspecting people who were just minding there own business..Hmm Sounds a bit lke throwing a rabid badger into a classroom full of 5 year olds...

If this really is the case (sounds loony to me) then wouldn't JESUS take a big part of the blame for the world going into the toilet?

Hold on... I've just checked out life before 1914 and it doesn't look all that great either. Mongul pilagers sweeping across Asia and Europe, the fall of Rome, the black death, inquisition, life expectancy of 35, 50% infant mortality, slavery, no votes or property rights for women, children in coal mines...

We still have a way to go, but on balance I think I'll stick with the 21st century thank you.

• VM44
    VM44

It is all made up.

• M.J.
    M.J.

The premise was obvious (from a Bible believer point of view), that Jesus Christ would make a better ruler than any of the current rulers, or any of the running candidates.

It was a talk which bashed politicians while contrasting some of their prominent falterings with the virtuous works of Christ.

That's all well and good, but I didn't see his name on the ticket, so I guess we may have to settle with Hillary, Obama or McCain for now. It sure ain't perfect, but it could be worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit