Anybody dragged before a JC due to a rumor or lie?

by avishai 14 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I was by my own parents after I divulged some confidential information to my sibling. Nothing I said or did was judicial, either, they just took what I said as some sort of slanderous attack on their good name. Nevermind that I was their son!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes, and for the dumbest of lies. I was accused of being a government agent spying on and infiltrating Jehovah's Witnesses.

(1) Why would the government spy on Jehovah's Witnesses in North Marietta Georgia Congregation?

(2) Why would the organization care if the government spied on them from the "lofty" vantage point of a local congregation?

(3) Why would they pick an organizational nothing to be their spy, with no chance of discovering inside "dirt"?

Those are the three points I seriously had to use to refute the charge with an investigative committee. They refused to tell me who it was that made the charge because the ones making the charge claimed to be "in fear for their lives" from me, because, as anyone who knows me can tell you I am a very fear-inspiring sort of fellow.

• undercover
    undercover

I've been dragged in a couple of times based on rumors/lies.

The first time I was pretty young and still naive as to how elders really treated people in a JC meeting. I denied the rumor (which wasn't true) but promised to not let my behavior give anyone reason to start a rumor. (So, instead of the elders going after the liars, I was the one that had to adjust my behavior even though I hadn't done anything. How's that for righteous justice?)

The next time, I was older, wiser and more obstinate. When they presented the "evidence" of wrongdoing by repeating the rumor, I denied it (though it was partially true) and asked if they had two witnesses. When they couldn't present even one witness I asked if the interrogation was keeping with Bible principles that stated that to prove wrongdoing two witnesses must be present. They dropped the matter but not before giving me a lecture on having a bad attitude.

• Rooster
    Rooster

I also have been before the executioners in the back room!

1/2 dozen times or more! Can't remember all of them...

They wanted to remove me as the account slave. We had a couple of meetings over this.

Was DFed one time for doing the nasty before I was married!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was counseled many times, but never before a JC.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit