This has been the craziest day....

by reneeisorym 5 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

This has to be like the weirdest day of my life.

First off, I was at lunch and I got back in the car after eating. The wind just picked up suddenly moving my car around (a little) and raining .. the tornado sirens went off so I got out and ran back inside scared half to death. I got soaked! (well, on one side -- it was raining sideways). It finally calmed down so I got back in the car. There was a tornado hit just a block behind me and all the power was out and trees down. .. debree everywhere. I called my husband, mother-in-law, and my mom to tell them my near miss. (note: My mom got DFed a year ago and she talks to me every day). I thought, "I wish I could tell my dad." (Dad is hard-core JW and is divorced from my mom)

Well, just 5 minutes ago my dad calls. I recognized the number and answered. He said "Hey ... I just found your birth cerficate and thought you needed it more than I do so I was wondering if you wanted me to send it to you. " I told him yes and gave him my address. I told him about the tornado incident and I didn't even get a wow out of him. He said bye and I said, "Call anytime." He hung up .. that was it ...

• prophecor
    prophecor

He said call, anytime. Take him at his word. The shock of your situation, along with any guilt he may be experiencing for talking to you may've thrown him off balance. I bet he really wants to talk to you. Can only tell you in so many words. Probably took a lot of guts for him to call, as it is.

• potentialJWconvertswife
    potentialJWconvertswife

Glad you are safe! Even if dad didn't really give a reaction you know he must care about you, because he called. Also, he called just at the moment you were wishing you could talk to him...that tells me there is still a "link" between you. Subconcioulsy (in his spirit?) he knew you needed to hear from him, and he called. It's also positive, because he still had your number- if he never intended to speak to you again he would've thrown it out a long time ago. Maybe he will actually call you again sometime. I hope so.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Yeah, it always seems that there is a reason to talk that he comes up with once every year or 6 months. It just seemed to be a lot to happen in one hour.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I'm so glad you are safe! How scary.

Your Dad loves you in spite of the WT. That's nice to know. Too bad that is all he can give you-because he will be missing out on things with you and your family forever if he stays in and stays loyal to the borg.

• seek2find
    seek2find

That's sad Renee, it makes me think about Ray Franz's analogy of the "Iron fist beneath the velvet glove". I wonder if he'd be willing to tell a bible study or return visit how he treats you? They (The JWs) look so nice and warm and friendly on the surface. But after Baptism a different side shows, the cold unmovable steel beneath the surface, is cruel cold and hard. Paul told Timothy about people having no "natural affection" the witnesses use it to describe the "world" but as you have shown here, it sometimes describes them also. seek2find

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit