WHAT TALKS MADE YOU QUESTION DOCTRINE?

by badboy 15 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

ANY TAKERS?

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

talks about the time of the destruction of Jerusalem, hospitality, On Jesus picking out a faithful and discreet to be masters of our lives, you know talks like that used to reinforce their supposed authority.

• looloo
    looloo

there was a talk once about the worldlies being the living dead it upset me a great deal as my family were all wordlies , i stormed off to the toilets so i wouldnt hear it any more (i forgot the loudspeakers in there ) people noticed how annoyed i was , my poor kids were sat listening to that sick graphic stuff i should have walked out kingdom hall and never gone back but i got talked round again that it was just an outspoken brother i felt so trapped and scared .

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

I belived everything, except the point about there being 2 types of people in the new system, one type that coiuld marry and another that could not marry, I found that not to make sense no matter how hard I tried.

• Honesty
    Honesty

"Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave" whom Jesus appointed?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Whenever they would insert themselves in a place of time and say, "See? We fulfilled this prophecy!" I would just roll my eyes in disgust. The 1914 doctrine always felt wrong to me, the "no-blood" doctrine should be a personal choice - not enforced or grounds to be disfellowshipped. The 144,000 anointed being Jehovah's Witnesses who just "know" they are of the Heavenly Hope. Man, now that I think about it I'm surprised I stayed for nine years. Jeeez. Too much elitist attitudes!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"If the Earth were tilted just one degree one way or the other we'd all be dead! What a loving creator!"

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'll go for "Millions now living will never die"

• Bourne
    Bourne

"Godly view of Sex & Marriage" - No Oral Sex?.......................That was it for me.

Bourne

• saywhat29
    saywhat29

Talks that did not seem historically correct. I mean that goes to show you why it is such an important tool to be educated because if your not, I can see why someone could just sit there and buy everything said, but when I started school and classes, History, Psychology and all that jazz, whenever someone would get on stage and say something that didn't make any sense and was obvious they pulled straight from their behinds, it made me questions things more- that if they could get on stage and say that they could technically say anything. I was alwasy told the speaker wawsn't really saying anythng but was a mouthpiece for Jehovah...

And then it made me realize that Jehovah really needed like a lesson in History 'cause he was wrong. A lot. I mean its one thing to hate the wicked but you should at least know what and when they were being al bad and evil since you plan on kiling them and all. Just sayin'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit