What Will They Do With Sexbots?

by metatron 9 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

see:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=080212144453.spddtsz8&show_article=1

There is a serious point to this. As a young Witness, I used to wonder if the Bible could become obsolete as a revelation.

Situations could emerge, due to technology, that are simply not covered by any clear scripture.

metatron

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore
    I used to wonder if the Bible could become obsolete as a revelation.

Situations could emerge, due to technology, that are simply not covered by any clear scripture.

They'll just say that it is masturbation...

Which incidentally is not covered by any clear scripture either... so go figure.

But there are plenty of things the Bible doesn't cover: Sex change operations. Can a christian have one? Or have sex with someone who did? What if someone who got a sex change comes into 'the truth' are they forgiven? Can they marry now?

Pedophilia, It's not new, but God never condemns it in any of his hundreds of rules. Wanna marry a 6 year old? Biblicaly you can.

Flying? Since religious people reject sex changes and sexbots entirely on the grounds that it's 'unnatural' then they shouldn't fly, or drive. Going above 30 miles an hour, or traveling the world in a day is unatural as well. And the fact that you get jet lag, or car sick, would indicate that god doesn't want you to do it right?

Lore - W.W.S.D?

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I can't help but think of a JW who confesses to the elders about having sex with a Sexbot ...

and in front of the Judicial Committee being asked if there were unnatural acts (i.e. anal sex) involved or if it was just natural sex ... where did he/she meet the Sexbot ... if it was a sister, was she wearing a thong that may have attracted the Sexbot ... etc.

Wow ... this could be it's own thread !

Rub a Dub

• metatron
    metatron

As an elder, I used to laugh ( privately) at brothers who confessed to being 'overcome' by passion into committing adultery

or fornication ----- but remembered to use a Condom!

metatron

• Aleman
    Aleman

This should be in a diffrent topic. Of course, if they see it in the right topic, then more will coment about it. You could even have more interesting answers to your question.

-Aleman

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

I just hope the dedicate the robot to just one function... multi function robots scare me.. imagine if a perverse engineer, just for kicks, decides to put the meat slicer you-know-where!!!

Call me old fashion....

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

Actually, I thought this commandment was clear....

Thou shalt not do it with a robot.

• sir82
    sir82

Since when, exactly, has that ever stopped any of that lot from publishing an opinion on something anyway?

E.g., "Video games are comparable to nuclear waste"

Actually, "new situations" would be ideal for them.

"Sexbots are not covered in the Bible? Better write a BOE letter, 3 WT study articles, a 'modern-day' drama for the DC, and an 8-part 'Young People Ask' series."

• metatron
    metatron

I wanna see the drama on this one.

Johnny Witness: "But Mom, it's not fornication .... and I won't get any STDs"

metatron

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

With Ted "No Entertainment, No Fun" Jaracz in charge, they will lump it as "uncleanness" and disfellowship or severely threaten to do so on this matter.

If I were in his place, I would treat it as none of anyone else's business except the person doing it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit