There's a new JW only WT? WTF?

by berylblue 10 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

So what are they trying to hide NOW from the "worldlings"????

Can someone tell me what the differences between editions are?

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

They aren't trying to "hide" anything and in that sense I don't believe there's anything sinister about it. Basically the new WT contains study articles plus extra articles which are a little deeper than the public would handle. It also has tighter mind control, having read the first few issues there is no doubt in my mind about that.

You can see examples on the WT website. Primarily I suspect it was done to reduce the amount of magazines they are having to print, along with the fact that the public editions are only produced once a month.

Mickey.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Were've you been?

j/k

Short answer: Two editions. One for placement in service to non JWs. The other is the 'study' edition, also refered to here as the 'kool aid' edition. That edition has 4 study articles for the WT study. There are lots of threads going back at least six months discussing this topic in greater detail.

• berylblue
    berylblue
    Were've you been?

Living a real life, such as it is at times.

Thanks for the info.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

It is a great way to increase the loaded language and hence mind control over the JWs. At a more practical level, it reduces the number of magazines needed to be printed as a cost cutting excercise. They only need to print about 7 million rather than 20 million of the public edition.

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

I saw this at the inlaws last week. I was wondering myself a litte bit what it was all about. Jwacts explanation make heaps o sense.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

I didn't even know they were doing that - I honestly haven't picked up a piece of literature for over 2 years now.

before there only used to be 2 study articles, so they've increased it to four now? less magazines again. looks like the WT is very busy worrying about it's bottom line.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yup, they have been planning this since last year. The Showcase edition comes out on the first of the month (or so the nominal date is) and discusses more of what the Asleep! has been discussing, but with a bias toward the Bible and spiritual things (the Asleep! is more practical advice for anyone seeking to become a total failure in the world).

The Kool-Aid edition comes out dated the 15th of the month and contains all the study articles. They still have the poor-quality pictures you are used to. And they have a few filler articles, intended to further the indoctrination. You will see either 4 or 5 study articles in each of these.

I read the first couple, and those seem relatively tame compared to what I thought they might be. The February Kool-Aid has a study article telling people to trust that Jehovah will answer your prayers because He answered specific prayers back in the Old Testament (and I can't wait for the Comments You Will Not Hear to come up about that). This is no worse than the existing Puketower magazine study articles. I expect a raft of unanswered and negatively answered prayers to come of this, which is like some of the Puketowers I have seen in the past (notably, that damn April 1, 1995 study article).

But, it is going to get much worse. Already I have seen several threads about the April 2008 Kool Aid. This starts with a doozie about valueless things, which could lead to a general crackdown and ban on all worldly things, fun, and education by year's end. And that same issue has another dissuasion for married couples from having children and singles from marrying, which is reminiscent of studies from the early 1940s and late 1960s. Something tells me that it is going to get much, much worse.

What they intend to do with the Kool-Aids is to put loaded language to the max. They will use the terms "field service", "pioneer", and "missionary" more. It is also a means to ramp up the doctrines' severity, especially coupled with September 2007 Kingdumb Misery (no independent research) and the line "We must obey the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger no matter what" from a recent study article. It will also save them some money, since they are not going to have to print and distribute all those extra magazines (instead, we will see more crapt campaigns and Bible Teach book placements).

Basically, .

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

It's very "heavy" and dull....no picture on the front.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The picture on the front cover was the best - I used to re-face them

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit