Hobby Lobby

by loosie 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• loosie
    loosie

We have a craft store here in the midwest called hobby Lobby. Besides the glue and yarn, etc they carry a lot of crosses. No other religious items just crosses. So sent them this email.

I understand that the owner of the company is a christian. I noticed that in the home accents section there are a lot of crosses. But there are no other religious symbols. No hannukah items, no wiccan items, no new age items, no buddist items. There are only crosses. Only 33% of the worlds population are christians. Aren't you limiting yourselves by only carrying christians items? Your store is a CRAFT store not a religious store. shouldn't you carry a little bit of everything for everyone? Or carry no religious items at all.

Here is their response:

Thank you for your e-mail. I am sorry you are not familiar with our stores and our company. You should check our company's history and Christian stance at www.hobbylobby.com, (look for the "our company" and "Holiday messages" links at the bottom of the page). This might change your view and comments. Hobby Lobby has not succumbed to society's efforts to remove faith from our lives. If that were the case, we would not be running full page ads at Christmas and Easter to share Christ (at a tremendous financial expense) when it does not benefit or advertise Hobby Lobby products. Please see our ministry page: www.hobbylobby.com/site3/ministry/home.cfm. Hobby Lobby also participates in printing and distributing a booklet called the "Book of Hope", which contains the Four Gospels; Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. This "Book of Hope" is being printed and distributed around the world, primarily to school children. To learn more about the "Book of Hope", please visit www.hopenet.net. I hope that this gives you a better understanding of our company and our commitment to sharing our faith in Christ. We have enjoyed God's grace and blessing and we look forward to serving Him, and serving you, in the future! Thank you for shopping at Hobby Lobby. Wayne Huffling Hobby Lobby Customer Service Manager

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

The owner of Hobby Lobby is giving something like $70 million to bail out Oral Roberts University after the corruption scandal it just went thru. He has done quite a few interviews. He is extremely religious but he did not strike me as being arrogant like a typical fundie xian.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wayne Huffling Hobby Lobby Customer Service Manager

Now say that real fast...

Hope4Others

• RisingEagle
    RisingEagle

If you look at most strip malls that have a Hobby Lobby you'll find a Mardel Christian bookstore somewhere nearby. They're all owned under the same corporate umbrella. The Mardel stores are busy enough in this state to be in strip malls by themselves.

Eagle of the 'Waving at you from the HL and Mardel home base state' class

• 5go
    5go

HOBBY LOBBY is not only christian it's wacko bar codes are the devil type christian. Though it is a great place to get craft supplies.

• loosie
    loosie

I guess I'm just not used to living in the bible belt, where the christians are so gung ho. I want to go back to CA where they live and let live.

• 5go
    5go
    I guess I'm just not used to living in the bible belt, where the Christians are so gung ho.

Don't say that, they are gung ho bible belt they don't really live all that Christian of a life in my opinion.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

We have a Hobby Lobby near us as well and they are closed on Sundays due to the fact of it being a "Christian" craft store...at least that is what one of the workers told me. The other craft stores are open on Sundays.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My JW hubby used to frequent that store many times. I thought he got parts for his airplanes he built but I think it was just a special bonding glue they carried he would get.

I bet he never would have went there if he knew how "Christian " they were.

Snoozy..

• sacrebleu
    sacrebleu

It's called FREE ENTERPRISE.

He owns the store. He decides what he wants to carry.

YOU have the right to shop elsewhere.

I'm sure there are PLENTY of other stores to buy that other stuff.

If I owned a store, I wouldn't carry that stuff either.

sacrebleu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit