my family that are not even jws get annoyed about me coming on jwd

by looloo 16 Replies latest jw friends

• looloo
    looloo

do any of you have this problem ? my hub is disfellowshipped and not in the least bit interested in this site , which i find amazing considering everything that has happened , its not even a case of him being to scared to mix with apostates because he doesnt like jws and does not believe they have the truth , when i try to tell him anything , he tells me hes not interested, end of conversation . there is so much i want to discuss with him (regarding the child abuse thing that has affected our lives ) do any of you identify with this ?

• MochaLatte
    MochaLatte

I wouldn't say my husband is exactly annoyed, but he has made comments to the effect that he doesn't understand why I need to visit this site so often. (The Hubs is also DFd.) If he sees me here he'll say, "Oh, are you visiting with the apostates?" Although we agree on just about everything about how being JWs negatively affected our lives, he doesn't think about it as much as I do. One big reason for the difference (IMHO): My husband doesn't have any JW family, whereas almost all of my family are still in. Additionally, I was raised a JW and he wasn't. I think that's why our recovery has taken different paths. I do speak with him about things I've read here, although I try not to go overboard with it.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Its been my experience that some individuals who say they are "over" the JW experience are not.

For instance, I met a man who had left the JWs at 16 and was now about 50 years old. He said he was over it. Then when people started a discussion about JWs he got very angry and blew up about it saying we should stop talking about it! He wasn't over it at all. He stormed out and wouldn't go anywhere near Ex JWs.

Sometimes talking about the JW issues will trigger these people.

Sirona

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

My co-workers always josh me about coming on here.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

My husband feels the same way about the JW's that I do but has never and will probably never visit this site. He just feels its time to move on and quit living in the past.

I feel that it is important to be supportive of the newbies that come here, especially the ones who don't have anyone to share their feelings with. When I first found H20 (then this site) it was such a huge relief to know that I was not alone.

• Velvetann
    Velvetann

Hi, I just joined this group and another ex JW support group in January . My fiance/common-in-law husband doesn't like me on it for some reason. It makes him feel insecure or something. I told him this is exJWs not JWs. He says why do you want to bother with them. I need support and to talk about how wrong the religion is and to receive updates as to what is going on with the doctrine etc. He has never been a JW and hates them. He says he saw so many so called JW's doing bad things to their families and he can tell me how wrong the religion is, he doesn't think I need others to tell me. I said I want and need it so I will be doing it regardless of his thoughts on it. He is one of those kind of people who deal with things by just forgetting about it if its not pleasant. I find a lot of men are like that. He thinks because it was unpleasant for me what I experienced with the JWs growing up and after that I would be better not talking about it and just forget it happened. I try to explain to him that it was something so deep inside of me and I didn't talk about it or try and think about it for years and it was causing me problems. Talking about it with others helps me see I was not crazy for leaving. Maybe its just a Male thing, bury your head in the sand type thing.

My opinion from VelvetAnn

• Rooster
    Rooster

I don't have a husband!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Yes. They just don't get it, and it's ok by me. This was my experience alone. None of them are/were ever associated w/jw's.

They have their own message boards of interest.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

My wife does not mind me coming to the site once in a wile but most of my non-JW friends don't understand. I think it's the kind of thing if you were not a JW you will never understand. I agree that the ex-JW that get upset when someone talks about it are not really over it. I can understand that you don't care talking about it or not but getting upset, then maybe you still have issues.

• Odrade
    Odrade

It's okay Rooster. You'll find one eventually, try being less stroppy in the mornings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit