The Skeptics' Annotated Watchtower - What Does the Bible Really Teach?

by B_Deserter 13 Replies latest watchtower bible

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

OK Choc. I'll try to re-trace some of my research and take notes this time.

• Faraon
    Faraon

HotChoc:

I have heard reports that there are some major flaws and misquotes, would like to hear more about that.

This is not very extensive, but it may help. From Alan Feuerbacher (an old JWD member), Hope it helps.

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/part-1-disagreements-about-evolution.html

Faraon

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open
    The question "What Does The Bible Really Teach?" is a mad-making one. In some respects, the question is easily answered; but in others, you are at the mercy of interpretation (e.g., try plainly finding the teachings in the Book of Daniel or Revelation). So much of the Bible is written in a symbolic manner that it becomes hard to tell where symbolism ends and "plain" expression begins. That's why there are so many interpretations and anyone who claims to have identified what the Bible really teaches ends up in the very same trap others have fallen into: After a while it is simply one person's view against another's.

I understand your point, but nonetheless, I think if more people honestly covered the material in these books there would be far less disagreement:

Daniel (Forms of the Old Testament Literature)

Daniel (Hermeneia: A Critical and Historical Commentary on the Bible) (more detail than the book above)

Apocalypse (New Testament Message; A Biblical-Theological Commentary)

I like the wiki idea. Perhaps you could get a team together of those with the necessary track record, knowledge and lack of susceptibility to emotional outbursts from this forum to make a central source of WT rebuttals.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Let me know when you get to the Insight Book headings Noah, Flood, Deluge and Ark. I've got some "annotated versions" lying around in my office already...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit