What are you eating right now?

by Bourne 44 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Bourne -

I've lived in the US my whole life and I've never heard of most of those. Have you??

Here's the one's I *do* know (and may use) -

BLT

Blue Plate Special (Never had one - but I thought they were only at K-Mart??)

Bloody

Java/Joe

Mayo

Moo Juice

Pigs in a blanket (ours were different, though)

Rabbit Food (my brother always ordered with 'no rabbit food')

Shit on a Shingle

Short Stack

'course maybe I'd know more of the colorful lingo if I had ever worked in a restaurant???

Two cows, make them cry - This one made me laugh. Also made me think these terms are mostly used by the staff in a restaurant rather than by the patrons.

Me? I just had a couple cookies and a can of Squirt soda.

-Aude.

• Bourne
    Bourne

I just consumed two helpings of homemade shrimp pasta marinara with fire-roasted tomatoes.....compliments of......me.

Diagnosis? Delicious.

AudeSapere, I agree. Having grown up in the south, and eating at my share of diners, I myself have only heard of about a dozen terms or so, most of them

pertaining to breakfast. Go figure.

Bourne

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

mmmm fire roasted sounds good.

I'm eating salmon on a bed of rocket with balsamic dressing and cherry tomatoes.

• chickpea
    chickpea

at least 5 times a week, usually at breakfast, but i have eaten it in the evening and for lunch.....

cooked steel cut oats with coconut oil, (real) maple syrup and walnuts......... it is like liquid oatmeal cookies..... i told my husband that it is the one food i eat that helps me understand why the dogs can wag their tails at feeding time, even tho it is the same kibble they have been eating all their lives.......

• Bourne
    Bourne

Tonight.....it is seared steak, cooked rare, baked potato, and steamed broccoli with parmesan cheese with cut tropical fruit for dessert.

Bourne

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit