Mimi's Surgery

by BFD 27 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

Oh, Thank you so much everyone. Mimi is doing so well. She is acting like a puupy again and she's 4! I have taken to calling her Miss Van Gogh because her ear is flapping backward and when she looks at me stright on it looks like she has no ear.

I hope the ear will eventually flap the right way again. I'll ask the vet about that when I take her to have her stitches removed on Monday. I will post more happy pics of her when I get home.

Thanks again!

BFD

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

I'm glad to hear she's back to her old (young) self again!

nj

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Good to hear she's doing so well BFD. They really do bounce back quickly don't they? Bailey is wanting to run around on her new knee, but we have to really watch her!

Is Mimi's hearing affected at all?

BB

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

Mimi is so precious!!!! I'm so glad that she is doing better.

• BFD
    BFD

Is Mimi's hearing affected at all?

Yes, BB. A total ear ablation removes the entire ear canal. Basically she just has a hole in her head over there now and the ear is sown shut. The infection actually ate away her ear drum and was starting to invade the bone. Poor thing, I always thought she was so independant cause she never listened too well. I guess it was because she was always 1/2 deaf.

As soon as she wakes up I'll take some pics of her and Gracie and post them. I don't think she heard me come in. Gracie has been like a mom to Mimi during her recovery. So gentle and that's not like her at all. Usually she is wired.

I may be completely broke now but my girls and boys are healthy. It has been a rough couple of months on the wallet with all the pet problems.

BFD

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Nice to know she's recovering well BFD. She'll be so much happier now.

• BFD
    BFD

And Here's Ms. Van Gogh...

And here she is w/ Momma Grace...

Thank you all again for the well wishes.

BFD

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I want one.

Your pics made me smile. Thanks for posting them!!

-Denise.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit