Freemasons, tied to JW's?

by hanginloose 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cheetos
    Cheetos

The Free Masons are good people, so what if they have funny hand shakes, and hop up and down on their butt checks in a circle, I can think of worse things.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

DMJ, you are an idiot.

Cheetos, we don't hop round on our butt cheeks, or checks.

• Quentin
    Quentin

I love these threads...so much funny mis-information......never hopped around on my butt cheeks either...

• AustinJames
    AustinJames

No hopping here either. If you want to see some serious correlation between freemasonry and religion..... look no farther than the Mormon faith. A LOT ceremony in the Mormon faith is based on Masonic ritual.

• freydi
  • MOG
    MOG

Here is a more indepth on the article posted about him saying he is and then saying he is not..you might find this interesting http://www.cephasministry.com/jw_was_russell_a_mason.html

• still_in74
    still_in74
    So yes you could say that some of the doctrinal roots of the JWS were derived from the Freemasons by virtue of Russell's association.

agreed, perhaps not a membered Free Mason but certainly aware of their teachings.

Russell examined many faiths, he also stated that he recognized the Masons by their grips. How would he know the grips if he was not taught by a Mason? Russell was well versed in the teachings of the FM if not actually a member himself.

• still_in74
    still_in74

what if we are looking in the wrong direction?

We know there are ties between FM and Mormons, what about ties between FM and Adventists? Could this be a connection between CTR's terminology and symbolism with having actually been a FM?

Just a thought.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit