Freemasons, tied to JW's?

by hanginloose 27 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• hanginloose
    hanginloose

Hi all, I'm new to logon here. I'm not a JW, or an Ex-JW, so I hope you don't mind my posting. I have had some history with studying with them. Only went to a KH once. I did not like it. But through the years like 20, I've always thought there was something right about them, but not 100%. Too much control. And this thing about being 'disfellowshipped' always bugged me. Like I always wondered how they could do that to someone? Like it's certainly not in accordance with "WWJD" and the birthday thing, that was just petty. And the blood transfusion thing...well, if your life can be saved, then why not? Letting people DIE who can be saved, is wrong. And if Jehovah/Jesus are all about forgiving, I'm sure they wouldn't mind.... Anyway, I have occasionally looked around the internet for years regarding the ins/outs of JW's. This one subject of Freemasons and Russell's connection definitely planted a seed in me that made me think "how creepy". So I wonder, have any of you ever heard of this? If so, what are your thoughts of it? Have you looked further into this? If not, here is a link to what I'm talking about: http://www.geocities.com/jesuselcristos/hoaxology_10.html In my town, there IS a Kingdom Hall almost right next to a Masonic Temple. There are a few small houses between them. But I always thought this was weird. And from what I see, most Kingdom Halls are made of brick --?-- FYI - Masons/Freemasons date back to the beginning of the Pyramids and are thought to be some front for various conspiracy theories linking people to "bloodlines' in which they'll play roles in gov't in order to one day establish the "New World Order" I'm sorry if this sounds wild or bizaar to some of you. Just want to know if any of you "apostates" looked into this crazy stuff. Thanks. Hangin'

• kwr
    kwr

There are no present ties today, but Russel was obviously influenced by them. Rutherford made the JW's what they are today and he was not a free mason. AFAIK

• badboy
    badboy

SEE MY POST ON ACTIVE PAGE,BECAUSE WINGED SUN ISK WAS SYMBOL USED BY REEMASON.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

This was posted by artcritic on www.jwforum.com recently. I found it extremely interesting.

• tula
    tula

You have a PM.

Look at the top left corner of screen.

you will see your "inbox"

• Bryan
    Bryan

On the same note. There is no proof that Russell was a Mason. He says he is a Moson in his speach, then later says he is not.

How many politicians have been caught lying? Clinton said "I did not have sexual relations with that woman," and was then cought lying.

I personally feel you cannot say Russel was not a Mason just because he once said he was not. As well, you cannot say he was a Mason, becuase there is no documented proof.

We probably will never know.... unless...

Bryan

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

If anything can be said for certain he was a free thinking opportunist, with money that was intensionally trying to build a kingdom around himself

with him seated on the throne of course, with the promotional help of his literature..

There is well documented information of the close association with the Bible students and the Free Masons that makes it imposable to over look.

The Knights Tempular insignia on the top left conner of his Zions Watchtower is just one example and the most obvious the stone throne pyramid at his grave site.

I think old Chucky was pulling ideas out from a few places that was not initially his own, I'm sure the Kingdom Hall idea was borrowed from the Masonic halls that he used to

preach in on occasion. So yes you could say that some of the doctrinal roots of the JWS were derived from the Freemasons by virtue of Russell's association.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

I am a Freemason. I can assure you that there is no link between the JWs and Freemasonry apart from some of the early JW literature using Masonic imagery.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

a brick Kingdom Hall is a firm link to Free masonry? Only by the fact that some (JW) mason did it for FREE.

There may be a link but that is likely not the one you are seeking.

~Hill

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

The anti-Christendom stature that Russell started to pursue could also be derived from Free Massons doctrines as that is included in their ideology.

Dismantle and destroy one tower only to start and build another, as you as the paramount focus.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit