Apart from "My Book Of Bible Stories" and the "Paradise" book?

by Crumpet 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

I must say that within top favorites of when I was younger where:

1. Margaret Weiss and Tracy Hickman - Dragonlance Chronicles, Dragonlance Legends, Darksword Trilogy, Rose of th Prophet Trilogy, Death Gate Cycle...

2. Michael Ende- The Neverending Story

3. William Goldman- The Princes Bride

4. Stephen R. Lawhead- The Pendragon Cycle

5. Marion Zimmer bradley- The Mists of Avalon

6. Bernard Cornwell- The Winter King: A novel of Arthur, Enemy of God, Excalibur: A Novel of Arthur

7. Stephen King - The Dark Tower Series, Eyes of the Dragon

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

QUEEN MASTODON!

I was going to say don't lie, you know you just looked at the pictures and wished you had the attention span to read a sentence.

BUT - I read the Lawhead Pendragon series too - none of the series quite thrilled me so much as the first one. I also read the Stephen King Dark Tower books as well. I don't read fantasy stuff normally, but these appealed to girls as well as boys. (Come to think of it - that's probably why you liked them too. Yeah add that to your "black book of spankings" for when I get there!)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

BIG Agatha Christie fan here too Crumpet I've read all of her works except for 4 of the 5 Mary Westmacott's.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    BIG Agatha Christie fan here too Crumpet I've read all of her works except for 4 of the 5 Mary Westmacott's.

Midwich Cuckoo -Did you even read The Pale Horse and the Hound Of Death? My parents forbade those because of demonic content!!! LOL What was your favourite? Mine has to be Death on the Nile. One of the first I read. I went to The Winter Palace in Luxor where she sat and wrote some of it and then took a cruise down the Nile and it was just as breath taking as I imagined it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit