Some Interesting quotes about "Evolution"

by Blackboo 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

What that has to do with the quotes i posed???

Blackboo - your quotes are meaningless. You clearly have no argument and even less knowledge of the people you HAVE quoted.

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr
    Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts do not go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them.

Great quote, MidwichCuckoo (i like your nickname)

To put things straight:

Fact: 'World's data', an enormous amount of fossils

Hypothesis 1: Evolution, this view leads to different theories trying to interpret this FACT

Hypothesis 2: Acts of creation

Empirical fact 1: we observe evolution all around us (see thread 'making a case for evolution')

Empirical fact 2: we don't observe acts of creation

Conclusion: Due to lack of empirical evidence, we should reject 'the creative acts' hypothesis and accept the existence of evolution. Our task is to critically examine the theories available, NOT to reject the MERE existence of evolution.

• Gopher
    Gopher
    9. "If we need a atheist for a debate, I go to the philosophy department. The physics department isnt much use." ---Robert Griffiths---

The physics department surely wouldn't teach that the sun is moving. You need to go to a "believer" to hear nonsense like that.

For the millionth time Blackboo, evolution is about science and not about religion. Some scientists are religious, and conversely many more religionists are accepting evolution. Can you tell me why more religionists are accepting the evidence of evolution?

Don't give me a 30-year old quote like this one from Griffiths. It isn't much use. And besides, evolution is about biology and is not about physics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit