What if regular meeting attendance wasn't a requirement?

by R.F. 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

No one would attend any of those "boasting sessions"

african GB member

• asilentone
    asilentone

If it was not required of me go to ALL of the meetings, I would not be shunned by some JWs!

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

What if reporting field service time was not a requirement?

(you know like it was back in the 1st century)

• blondie
    blondie

So how many meetings can you miss and not be considered a "regular" meeting attender?

BTW, being labeled "inactive" has only to do with turning in a time slip with 1 hour for 6 consecutive months; it has nothing to do with meetings.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I agree with the above posters that the required meeting attendance is all a part of the mind-control tactics that keep JWs in line. It's also necessary to have the 3-4 days a week of hearing the brainwashing. It creates a rigid schedule for JWs just like little North Koreans or any kind of high control environment.

They're not trying to make the meetings interesting because the meetings are just for rote mind-control techniques. The goal is not to learn anything new . The JWs don't have anything new to say. They are just spouting out the same old slogans and phrases that they've been spouting out for decades. It's like listening to Nazi tapes.\

Plus , the JWs don't want anyone to really use their brain. The people would start questioning things and they might talk amongst themselves and figure out that it's all a hoax.

So having, interesting, thought-provoking. stimulating meetings would defeat their whole purpose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit