Comical Memories While You Were A Witness

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Oh - more Hester please Duncan...so funny...

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

As usual, the wacktower study of the day dealt with sexual Immorality. One of the elders , a very dear and old friend of mine, was reading the tower. Mind you now, he wasn't that literate, but you just had to like him. He made do in his life and you accepted him for himself. Well, here we come upon the first sentence that dealt with the subject. We were about to get NEW LIGHT!!! He said yada, yada, SEXUAL IMMORTALITY ! WOW!! Imagine that friends! The whole place just roared, and the poor guy didn't realize what he'd said and then he said it again.

The conductor let it go, didn't want to correct him in front of everyone, but his wife did later. He was a sweet man, passed away from stomach cancer over 20 years ago.

NMG

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I remember a couple of items out in field circus. Once, I remember working a street where there was rap music blasting out of one of the houses that could be heard the whole time on that street. Everyone else got headaches, but I didn't. In fact, I had that CD (Ja Rule's Pain Is Love). I enjoyed that music.

Another time, we had a call across town. It took a good half hour to get there through all the red lights, and they had a miserable time finding the house. I let them pass the street, and then the house, so they could waste more time. And, when they finally did find it, the person was not home. And that was my whole month's field circus that month.

Still another time, we got close to nothing done. The person I was with was spending more time on stupid things. He had to get gas, and then the tires were low. After that, he realized he forgot to take his medicine. That took better than half an hour, and then someone else decided to get coffee. I doubt we got a thing done that day. I found that quite funny.

And I found it funny when I would get left in the car alone while it was raining and chilly. Often it would take a good half hour or more, and I would have the windows nice and foggy. I thought it was funny when they had to waste another 10 minutes blasting the defogger.

• minimus
    minimus

I LUV THIS THREAD!!!!!

The "Jesus is gonna turn you into a pig comment" had to be the CRAZIEST thing I ever heard. I had just left my congregation under miserable circumstances and this old guy quickly befriended me and literally wanted to do every door. At that point I was going thru the motions. So when he kept taking over every door, I let him because at the end of his "sermon" if the person politely declined interest, he'd ask THE question:How would you feel if Jesus was gonna turn you into a pig?"

After the 3rd time at 3 different homes, I spoke up and told the householder to have a nice day.

He indicated that Jesus viewed those not accepting The Message as swine, hence Jesus would turn them into a pig. (That's the best I could figure).

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

A young and newly converted guy in our congo where doing like 130 -140 hours a month in the FS (as a regular publisher) and giving som pretty strange comments at the meetings. One day though he had changed his mind and showed up before the Sunday meeting in jeans, leather jacket and sunglasses his letter of disassosiation in his hand. He handed over the letter to the secretary, knocket him out with one punch of his fist and ran out the door.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit