Comical Memories While You Were A Witness

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

In all the years I was a Witness, I must admit there were some pretty funny things that I can remember.

I can't forget the time after I had given a Public Talk and the sister who played the piano ran from the bathroom to the piano with half of her dress still tucked in her pantyhose. Brothers and sisters were trying in vain to run down the long aisle but to no avail. Finally once the pianist got to her seat, a young sister told her how she looked and without missing a beat, pulled her dress out of her hose and played brilliantly.

Anything that you can remember that tickled your funny bone???

• KICKED OUT
    KICKED OUT

My childhood was pretty Comical...does that count????LOL

• KICKED OUT
    KICKED OUT

One of the microphone weilding henchmen brought it into the bathroom with him and forgot to turn it off. When you started to hear the "river" flowin you saw at least 4-5 brothers haulin ass to the bathroom to alert him...that was some funny stuff

• prophecor
    prophecor

Brothers,and not few sisters, doing the Penny-Annie, Ministry. They would bend over during the house to house ministry, picking up pennies. Some were well trained with thier eye to quickly pick them out. I was, of course, amazed, at thier keen eyesight and forsight.

• minimus
    minimus

We had an elderly former Pioneer who was losing it. He used to love trying to get the elders going. He was prejudiced and on two occasions he used the N word. Once while I was conducting the bookstudy, he kept talking about the "N pool"---which was a derogatory term suggesting blacks were so poor that to gamble they could only muster up a few pennies. Now what that had to do with the lesson, no one will ever know. I stopped calling on him after I gave a verbal chastisement .

Then at another time he loudly asserted to anyone that would listen that his deceased former pioneer elder partner actually was the father of a light skinned 10 year old girl in the Hall who he would identify as "The N Baby"!!!!

That guy sure knew how to get under the elder's skin. I'm glad he liked me!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Damn Min, like that dreaded Uncle Charlie, everybody keeps hidden upstairs in the attic.

Our folks were quite some characters.

• minimus
    minimus

This same old guy was going door to door with me, or should I say, me with him.....If a person did not want the magazines he threatened them with these words, "well, how would you feel if Jesus turned you into a PIG?"

I'm not kidding.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I do not play piano. One day we were cleaning the KH...I was messin' with the piano.

Out of the blue, I got the first measure of "White Cristmas"... totally by chance. Old Bro Sillaway was near...he nearly had a stroke.

~Hill

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

When I was a teenager me and two other guys worked on the sound when it needed it. One day we jammed out to Guns & Roses Appetite for Destruction over the Halls sounds system. YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHH! Rock on!

One

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"How would you feel if Jesus turned you into a Pig?"..Pig Dancing..???..LOL!!............Minimus..That has to be one of the funniest things I have read on this board!.................I always got laugh.When someone would fall asleep,fall out of their chair and into the aisle..I`ve seen it numerous times,at Kingdom Halls and Assembleys.............Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit