You all have helped so much with the Mom Issue...So here is issue #2

by KICKED OUT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• lesterd
    lesterd

I can relate to the welts, I was in the office at school more than once for not dressing for PE because I was too embarassed to take offf my shirt because of the welts, back then it was OK to leave marks on you kids.

At bood study I was supposed to memorize the 66 books of the Bible, I messed up and we left immediatly, we lived a block away and my mom picked up the first thing she could find and started in, when we got home she notice that the stick had a nail in it imagen what my back looked like.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

If I had spotted this in our neighbourhood I would have called the police and the police would have called C.P.S.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

baptised at 13 - wow - that is very young.

For issues that happend in the past, you have to "deal" with it and make your peace about it - there is unfortunately nothing you can do to change what has been done. Just be the best dad ever

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A 13 y.o. in a minivan all day. I don't see how that's better than home alone. You are in the van alone.
    I am not going to say it's child abuse, because at 13, you know how to open the door and walk around.
    I assume the window is open. If you were not allowed to get out at all, then it IS child abuse.
    Why didn't they enroll you in some all-day camp of some kind? They wasted your summer. You could
    have accomplished something.

But it is in your past, either way.

I am no expert, but I say it needs to be dealt with. It is obviously still bothering you. Besides talking to
    a therapist, I would say you need to air this with your parents. I only hear about Mom in your posts.
    Can you include it in a letter to your mother?
    "Mom, you want to be helpful to my wife and aid with the baby. I must say that I still have issues with
    how you cared for me when I was younger. Yadda Yadda."

Her shunning of you prevents you from dealing with this. It sounds so typical of JW's. At an age when
    you needed family the most, they were not there for you. They didn't abandon you, but they treated you
    like dirt because they didn't trust you- they didn't trust you because you didn't get in line with their cult.
    Most teens go thru the stuff you went through, but parents either help the child, forgive the child, get
    help from outside the family, or SOMETHING GOOD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit