1914 and 1919 have to go!

by Mickey mouse 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• uninformed
    uninformed

Obves you stated:

The date 1914 AD in my calculations based on the Bible made the International Bible Students and makes their legitimate succcessors Jehovah's Witnesses my friends in faith

Funny, but your daddy Charles T. Russell got this date from the demons hanging around the Egyptian Pyramids.

This is nothing but a contrivance to advance the oppression of an oppressive religion.

Brant

• knock knock
    knock knock

I'm not up on the history of Obves so I have a simple question. You state that 2011 is your "next" prediction for the end. Have you had previous predictions for the end? If so, why did they not....nevermind the explanation part. :)

• Must obey!
    Must obey!

The WBTS will never give these dates up until at least 120 years have passed since 1914. This is because of the parallel they have previously alluded to between the 120 years God gave for the ending of Noah's world and the end of this old system of things which they say started in 1914. So there will always be the hope that the end will come within this 120 year period from 1914 to 2034.

Don't hold your breath for these dates to go away anytime soon...

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I remember the 2035 prediction. Close enough to be hopeful, no to far off to be hopeless. Well what does the GB care about? in 2034 they will all be gone

• oompa
    oompa

I still find it funny that WT could teach that Jesus came in 1874 for forty years or so and that the end would come in 1914. Then, WWI breaks out instead and oops, 1874 and 1914 don't get talked about much. Then many years later..."oh btw...did we mention Jesus actually did come in 1914 not 1874 (both times invisible....how convenient) like we were so sure of?" Cracks me up that Jesus can come and NOBODY noticed it or predicted it..................oompa

BTW, just like most dubs have no clue about the first invisible Jesus in 1874, dubs will have no clue about 1914 in 2097

• Gerard
    Gerard

The 1916 generation are all but dead. Of course the Ivory Tower has to change its story! It has changed stories many times before in order to survive and adjust its mind control techniques.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

In Ray Franz's book Crises of Conscience he mentions that President Knorr was not sure about 1914 and that some other governing body members wanted to move the date from 1914 to 1956 the year the russians put sputnik in orbit, as the sign of the last days beginning.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit