1914 and 1919 have to go!

by Mickey mouse 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

I was reading an interesting thread in the "best of" sub forum about how the WBTS are referring to 1914 less and less in the literature. This thread was from 2001 (would love to paste the link here but I have serious technical difficulties with this site ), if anything the trend has definitely become stronger IMO. We had a public talk a few weeks back which went briefly into the gentile times, I couldn't remember the last time that happened.

I definitely see the society using the "silent dropping" technique referenced by Ray Franz and expect to see 1914 discounted completely in the near future. I also see the inspection in 1919 going and here's why. With hindsight even the most devout JW can see the organization was a mess back then. There's no way in hell Jesus would pick them as his representatives on earth.

Has anyone else wondered whether the society may eventually concede that Jerusalem was destroyed in 587/86 and shift the end of the gentile times to 1935?

P.S: sorry about the red font, don't know how that happened either.

Mickey.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

My wife said that if they changed 1914 to 1935 then 6 out of 7 million JWs will have to update their ATM PIN code!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ATM PIN code - and many use it for the alarm PIN on their houses - I know at least 3 families who use it as their alarm code

• Gopher
    Gopher

Eventually the WTS will probably drop references to 1914. Are they still even mentioning 1919 much, outside of the Revelation book which was first published in 1988 and revised in 2006?

However I never see them coming around to admitting 587/586 as the date for Jersualem's fall. If they want to let 1914 go away quietly, they probably wouldn't want to stir up the pot by admitting the 607 BCE date they have repeatedly cited is wrong.

Same goes for changing the date to 1935. Since 1995 they have dropped any time significance for the word "generation", and pushing the start of the end forward to 1935 would only reintroduce the time factor.

• uninformed
    uninformed

They know 1914 is the same as the 7,000 year creative days and the 50,000 year creative week, of course allowing for a 1,000 year sabbath reign of Christ.

It is all a figment of their imagination.

Eventually, enough new persons will become JW's without having been taught anything specific about the early dates and viola! the "fix" is in.

Brant

• VM44
    VM44

Giving up 1914 will meaning giving up the one thing that came true (as many Witnesses think)!

They wouldn't be able to say anymore that "We predicted World War I."

• tigresse
    tigresse

MissingLink:

My wife said that if they changed 1914 to 1935 then 6 out of 7 million JWs will have to update their ATM PIN code!

Your wife really thinks that 6 million JWs have ATM card?

Very unlikely.

;-)

Tigresse

• Gill
    Gill

A FAct that the WT cannot deny is that 1914 was a very, very long time ago and 2014 is only six years away...... a hundred years of lies plus all the years before that!

Whether many old timer JWs will begin to see the 'big picture' will be interesting to see, and whether they can accept the reality of their having been conned....well that is another question altogether!

• OBVES
    OBVES

No doubt in my mind that the year 1914 was one of the most important years in God's plan . The fact the date was singled out by people who believed the Bible and claimed special status was a winning ticket for the International Bible Students . Nowadays the date 1914 AD can really fully appreciated.Even then International Bible Students did not know the full implications of that date as it is understood today in the time when the Bible is best understood whioch is the fulfillment of Daniel 12.4.

The date 1914 AD in my calculations based on the Bible made the International Bible Students and makes their legitimate succcessors Jehovah's Witnesses my friends in faith.

1914 AD represents the year 29 AD or 106 AD in the end-time chronology.Check my posts concerning the date 1914 .

More than 99% of all christian religions doesn't meet the standards of the Bible as set for the end-times.The International Bible Students and Jehovah's Witnesses are the first to exclude them from that ominous view .If my prediction comes true most people will face the total annihilation for ever .

So ,it is important to you to find out what is the importance of the year 1914 AD in the end-times.

The Book of Revelation of 22 books can be divided into halves and 1914 AD is essential :

chapters 1-11 : 1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1991 AD +

chapters 12-22 : 1914 AD - 1984 AD - 1991 +

Those who want to discard the importance of the 1914 AD are making a cardinal error .

To bear a witness to the truth a person must be at least 5 years old .So the date 1911 AD can be a starting date .

1911 AD - 2008 AD = 97 years

There are thousands of people in the USA alone who are 97 + years old and there will be still many in the year 2011 AD.The year 2011 AD is my next prediction for the end of the world. The oldest person in the Washington D.C. area is 108 years old and I saw the lady on TV .She can go on still for quite a few years .Check the statistics to see how many people of age 100 might be living in 2011 AD - exactly 100 years since 1911 AD .

We cannot say that the 1914 AD generation is gone . In view of so many amazing successes in medicines and the changed lifestyles we may see the 1914 AD generation still existing in 2034 AD if the end of the world is to take place in 2034 AD !

• besty
    besty
    The year 2011 AD is my next prediction for the end of the world. The oldest person in the Washington D.C. area I live is 108 years old and I saw the lady on TV she can go on still for quite few years .Check the statistics to see how many people of age 100 might be living in 2011 AD- exactly 100 years since 1911 AD

I love this post.

'Next' end of the world prediction based on the sprightliness of an old lady seen on the TV near Washington.

BREAKING NEWS .....2011AD exactly 100 years after 1911AD

OBVES - you da man!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit