"As JWs, we don't believe in Law Enforcement"-- gag me.

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

A JW mother recently received a background check phone call concerning her son's interest in pursuing a career in law enforcement in another state. She says nice enough things about her (ex-jw) son, but states that she doesn't talk to him much because he left the family religion, and then has the nerts to say that while she supports him to an extent, she disapproves of his career choice because, "As Duhhhhoho's Witlesses, we don't believe in law enforcement." What a shame to admit this.

I say, don't call 9-1-1 you stupid piece o' hell. Can you believe the idiocy?

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Does anything really surprise you at this point?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It sounds like that person is "special," meaning that they are little off in their reasoning and knowledge. The JWs are against the carrying of a firearm as protection, not law enforcement as a whole.

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

I remember some years back when I was contemplating on returning to the Borg, I was told by an elder that I shouldn't expect to hold any congregational positions due to my being in Law enforcement. I believe it was because of my on-duty weapon carry status.

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

This is a matter that has irked me for quite some time.Most Witnesses actually do believe in Law Enforcement protection ,and to some extent, personal "self defense" as long as it doesn't involve a weapon or martial arts training.If they were in danger they would call the police to bail them out of trouble with full knowledge that the calling of the police may indeed involve the death of the perpetrator.In that sense it really is approving the use of deadly force.So if one found out the cop that just saved their life is/was a Witness, what would be the view of that person ? Is the cop a "protector" or a "traitor" who should be shunned in their eyes ? Additionally, they are willing to call the cops so their stereo doesn't get stolen but not when a child is molested in the congregation.Double standard ? I think so.When I asked a man in my congregation why he didn't contact the police when his daughter was molested, he said: "The elders said not too." I still think he should have (I'm sure there were some very conflicting emotions) but it clearly exposes the view of those in charge of the congregation.I was an elder for six years and when I talked to my fellow elders about this subject it is not something they wanted to discuss.One "brother" (elder) I brought up the subject with walked away with his hands up in the air and while laughing, said: "I don't want to know, I don't want to know....."

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Jw's have many double standards - this is another one i have'nt thought of.

Don't believe in martial arts training - but believe in defending yourself if attacked. ??????? Good luck with that one.

Don't believe in carrying a weapon - yet (as mentioned) will call someone who does. ????? Trying to palm off "bloodguilt"

Don't believe in law enforcement, but when i need help i do believe in it. Don't support the police with donations or whatever, but expect them to be there when i need them. ?????

As we know the rules change when it suits them. The "Truth" is moulded to fit the situation and can be changed at will.

Selfish, 2 Faced, narrow-minded pussys!

FF

• Quandry
    Quandry

we don't believe in law enforcement."

This makes her sound ignorant. Of course, the JWs do believe in the "superior authorities" being law enforcement, etc. They just don't want any members of the congo to be in law enforcement.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

Where's Proverbs 25:11 when you need it? I guess she didn't remember! LOL!!

http://net.bible.org/verse.php?book=pro&chapter=25&verse=11

As for not believing in law enforcement .... what about all the "laws" enforced on the JW rank and file?

• dinah
    dinah

What about a dub I knew from a neighboring congregation who now works for the FBI---no kidding. You can't get to be a community outreach officer without training, right?

Anybody have the Awake that came out after 9-11? I'm sure I remember one of the "dub survivors" being a cop.

Theocratic warfare runs deep, it's like it's ingrained. Take what you need, but don't give anything back. Jehovah is gonna kill 'em anyway.

• Layla33
    Layla33

What a crock, but if they are being robbed, they will call the police in a minute.

JW are big hypocrites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit