How 's the Candidate Doing So Far that You Are Supporting in Elections ?

by flipper 21 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Well how are you all holding up during the elections ? Are the candidates you are supporting doing well ? Or are you re- evaluating who you want to support at this time ? Or in the future ? Or sticking to your guns?

I voted for Obama in California last night . Although Hillary won this state , Obama won 13 states I believe to her 8 . He won in states that she was supposed to " alledgedly " win in. So , with still some more states to go , Obama is only about 100 electoral votes behind her . Clinton 699 to Obama's 598 . So it is still a tightly contested battle to the finish. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

As far as the Republican side . I believe McCain has more of a lead on Romney and Huckabee . So his opponents will have a tougher time catching up, I believe. So, give me your takes and opinions so far ! How are your picks doing ? And how do you think this thing is going to play out in time ? As always , I look forward to your comments ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dawg
    dawg

DR. King's dream, that one day the sons of former slaves and former slave owners would join hand and hand.... I am the GGGGGGG-Grandson of a former slave owner, and I voted Obama... He won Georgia... a mixed race black man won Georgia....I can't believe my eyes...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Clinton 699 to Obama's 598

If she is ahead at all at their convention, or even a tiny bit behind, there is also Michigan and Florida
    which they don't count but that she won. Hillary is a shoe-in for the Dems by now. Even with
    T. Kennedy, B.O. could not win Massachusetts.

My candidate- Halle Berry is not in it. She would be great to look at.

• flipper
    flipper

DAWG- Wow ! Bro ! I tip my hat in respect to you friend ! Good choice I believe as well ! I hope he can derail the Hillary machine ! LOL!

OTWO- Yeah, I think Halle Berry would be a good choice too ! Maybe you could get Billy Bob Thornton to be her vice - president ! LOL! If you saw them in the movie Monster's Ball you'll know what I mean ! I hear what you are saying about Obama - I know it's an uphill battle for him , but he is hangin' in there

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Mine is doing as well as can be expected, and it looks like this election may be salvageable after all.

• flipper
    flipper

JUNCTION GUY- Glad to hear your candidate is hanging in there ! It is going to be a wild election process I believe ! Good to see you post ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper Take care.

• flipper
    flipper

Just wanted to bump this thread up and see if any of my ex-witness friends here are planning on voting ? Come on ya'll this thread got as much attention as a turd in a punchbowl ! LOL! You ARE planning on voting aren't you ? So what do you think of the candidates so far ??? Look forward to some stirring discussions - remember Jesus isn't running- he's no part of the world ! LOL! But lots of other candidates are ! Let me hear about it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Gopher
    Gopher

There are 3 major candidates left. My favorite (John Edwards) is out.

You're asking me to pick a new favorite now? What if that new one gets knocked to the side before their party's convention?

I'm still making up my mind which horse to bet on now.

• flipper
    flipper

GOPHER - I understand guy ! LOL! No, I don't need you to commit bro ! I was just curious who everyone is considering , that's all ! I too was hoping to vote for Edwards, but he bowed out before the California Super Tuesday came. So, as of now, I'm going with Obama. But I understand completely that many people like yourself will wait awhile before betting on the next horse - so to speak. I hope you find one you like in time

• Gopher
    Gopher

Flipper,

I'm waiting to hear out the candidates a little more, particularly McCain and Obama. I personally don't wish to see a continuation of a dynasty, so anyone with the last name of Clinton or Bush are highly unlikely to get my vote for president.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit