Anyone attending the Memorial this year?

by sooner7nc 27 Replies latest jw friends

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

My wife is probably expecting me to go, and I'm not looking forward to the confrontation.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Me -they have asked me to be a server

• BFD
    BFD
    Me -they have asked me to be a server

Do you have to count the crackers before you pass them around so you'll know if anyone actually recognizes Jesus?

BFD

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

ill be there. have a fab new frock i wanna show off....

• yknot
    yknot

I am expected to be there, since I am still attending.

I am thinking about announcing that I have decide to attend elsewhere since the rented facility will be packed like sardines (and I have small children and will spend most of the time walking about the hotel lobby anyway), then hold my own at home privately (saw that idea on another forum). The more I read without WTS blinders the more I question whether only the "anointed" are to partake. Seems more like an event of genuine contemplation for all those who believe in Jesus as the Messiah.

• free2think
    free2think

Im not sure, i havent been to the kh since june but i always feel sorry for my dad around that time. Plus it gives me a chance to show off my nose stud.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I'll be there as usual

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I'm not going. Of course there was the usual blackmail from my mom .... "please promise me you'll go" .... "everyone goes to Memorial" .... "I promised Jehovah you'd be a Witness" ....

Gimme a break!

There'll be a wonderful full moon out ..... I'd rather spen the time with my husband.

• chickpea
    chickpea

if for no other reason, i will never go again in order to keep from inflating their stats

instead, i am taking my youngest to her first real concert...... something meaningful to both of us.... a real bonding moment!

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Yes, but this time I'm bringing my own wine, I've been saving a beautiful bottle of a merlot from France,

and some well aged Brie for the crackers....ummm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit