What positive things can you take from being raised JW?

by Mickey mouse 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Open mind
    Open mind

How to make a neat, pretty coil with the mic cord.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Learned Spanish, ASL, traveled to other countries, and I am comfortable speaking in public.

Of course, that doesn't make up for 24 lost years.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

A number of things mentioned are not unique to the JWs and could have been accomplished or acquired anywhere in the flow of a normal life.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

weel, I did learn that it is not appropriate to wear slacks and a shirt tucked in without a belt. That is about all.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

I am good public speaker

I am good in convincing others

I lost fear of rejection

... all of this I use very well in my job - I work in sals .... Thank you WTBS!!!

Albert

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I learned public speaking, and speaking from notes.

I learned how to come up with a convincing argument.

Leaving caused me to research how all those convincing arguments were filled with logical fallacies LOL.

When I left I didn't have any friends, so I learned to be self-sufficient and very self-reliant.

I learned how to read extremely fast to get through the studies.

I believe there's an article online regarding the creativity that most JW children come into due to the restrictions placed on them. I think I'm a pretty creative guy and I think it's because of the restrictions placed on me as a child.

Alot of times though I can't help but think what could've been if I wasn't a JW, I'm curious if I'd be more well adjusted...

• oompa
    oompa

I can color cooridinate an entire wardrobe...

i can tie a necktie to the perfect length on the first try

i can make a mean part in my hair

i can shine my shoes to a mirror gloss

i can fit 17 suits into a space made for 8

i can tell which girls are slutty at conventions

i can spank it with either hand

advanced power of concentration...i can totally tune out a speaker...hear nothing...while i take notes (actually write songs/book)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit