Need some information...

by Andyman 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Andyman
    Andyman

A JW on another site posted this today:

THE VERDICT IS IN! Almost all of the Anti-Jehovah's Witness organization have been completely quiet about the arrest and detention of the person in Denmark who posted on the "Yourselves and to All of the Flock", and the Society's other secret documents, in violation of international copyright laws. Despite the fact that the Internet site violating the copyright laws has been closed down and the owner arrested, other mirror Internet sites have taken over in keeping the copyrighted material on the Internet in defiance of established international copyrights laws thus giving the appearance that the site has not been closed down. It should not be at all amazing that all these antiJehovah's Witness organizations have tried to keep silent about the matter. It is embarrassing for them to acknowledge that the Danish Internet site was closed down by the Danish authorities BECAUSE THE SITE WAS IN VIOLATION OF INTERNATIONAL COPYRIGHT LAWS. This is a major legal victory for the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society in protecting the rights to its intellectual property, because the infringement of an author's work will not be tolerated in the courts system. Religious organizations have as much right to protect it property rights the same way all citizens of this country and in the world have that right. There are legal ways to offer criticism of Watchtower organization and its publications. Anti-Jehovah's Witness organizations have those recourses available at their disposal at any time. THERE IS NO NEED TO VIOLATE THE LAW! BUT IT IS AGAINST THE LAW TO COPY WHOLE PUBLICATIONS THAT ARE THE PROPERTY RIGHT OF ANY ORGANIZATION AND PUBLISH THEM IN HARDCOPIES FOR DISTRIBUTION OR POST THEM ON THE INTERNET. If one wants to criticize a publication or an organization one can quote the excerpt from such publication that they find offensive under guise of freedom of speech. Freedom of speech on the other hand does not allow a person to steal the property rights of a publisher or author. There has been a major ongoing debate between myself and those who participate on this board with regards to copyright laws and the copyright infringement of the Watchtower publication "Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock". The fact is that the Danish government recognized that the publication was indeed copyrighted and the "Pay Attention...." book was subject to the same protection under the international copyright laws as any other publication that was protected by such laws. The arrest and detention of the copyright infringer and the confiscation of his computer equipment has not the discontinued violation of the copyright of the "Pay Attention..." book on the Internet by others who have disdain for the laws of this country and that of the rest of the world. These are the same people who are behind a campaign of false information about Jehovah's Witnesses. They no only want to take liberty from the truth they also want to take liberty from the law. Caveat emptor, buyer beware, the law and the truth have no place on this board!"

######################

Now I assume he is talking about Kent. Has anyone heard anything about this?

I thought this happened years ago, or am I wrong?

Any infromation would be appreciated, thanks.

Andyman:

• anglise
    anglise

Sorry I cant help.
    This needs to be answered.
    Anyone out there know whats going on.

• metatron
    metatron

I believe Kent is Norwegian, not Danish.

If you go to his site, he lists the sites where the book is
    available. I went to one site, it appears to be there.

metatron

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Kent has an article on his web sit about this.Kent is still here ,his web site is still here.And the jw web site as usual,is full of misinformation and bullshit!!...OUTLAW

• Andyman
    Andyman

Thanks.

I too have been checking around and found no sites missing. I knew I had heard something about this way back, but didn't know were. Will go to Kent's site and check it out.

I just wanted to prove that the JW who posted this was not very credible.

Andyman:

• Kent
  • mustang
    mustang

Kent,

I see you didn't drown, LOL.

Anyway, could you provide some illumination on the copyright details
    that the Dub touched on? Printing out the whole thing goes beyond the 'fair useage' principle (excerpts are defined, typically 20%). How did that work out?

Mustang
    playing the 'straight man' here class

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

As usual, all hot air, no factual content.

This sounds to me like a lot of whistling past the graveyard. Jdubbies are so smegging scared of feelthy demonic apostate talk that they gotta stick their fingers in their ears and scream 'Lalalalalala' to each other trying to drown out those pesky facts.

Damn Kent aren't you insulted? That's twice in one week some goober said you're Danish! Hey I wonder it it's the same clueless Jdub?

• Bang
    Bang

To reply to Andyman:

It seems that they're proclaiming that the WT society has become a successful friend of the world - the courts give their blessing.
    Well, if man's law says I am compelled to give support to lies, then the man's law comes secondary to me.

Bang

• Simon
    Simon

There is no set percentage mustang but this may help: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=4292&site=3#51001

The WTS has printed an awful lot so eben whole books equate to a tiny fraction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit