One Sentence

by joannadandy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Joanna...I am so happy for you and your Mom.

I wish more people leaving the witnesses would realize the position their Parents...or..children....are in. If we would only meet them half way we could have a better life and so would they.

I am glad you two came to an understanding..love is what's important...the trouble sometimes is the ones leaving are so angry and the JW's won't bend. Many years are wasted between them because neither one will take the first step...

I put my Mom through so much when I was a witness...she just let me know she loved me no matter how many times I slapped her in the face with the witness stuff. She was always there for me..it wasn't untill I was in my early 40's that I truly realized how much she did love me and how very much I loved her. She died a few years after that. I am grateful for the time we had together but wish it could have been more..I have so much to tell her...

Snoozy...

Good motto:Never feel so haughty that you can't tell someone that you love them.

• AGuest
    AGuest

of if not the best posts I have ever read in all of the time I have been coming here. Thank you, dear JoDandy, truly... and may JAH bless you... and your parents.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Gopher
    Gopher

Hey Jo,

I'm glad to hear your mom actually expressed her maternal love for you, even in an unexpected way. That was really moving.

So while you were at the meetup, your folks were helping with your laundry? Cool.

Goph of the wash-and-wear class

• oompa
    oompa

OMG Joannadandy...........what a story....you need to write a book of some sort!....I very nearly cried.

And while one load of laundry and folded shirts can't take away everything we've done to each other over the years, to hear it acknowledged at such an unexpected time touches me deeper and on a level I never thought possible

Laundry has never meant more to me. It is such basic part of life....it does not have to be at the river on rocks.....but I see the love....I feel the love..........thank you................yes I am now crying.......................oompa.... are they dubs?

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Awake -

It is very difficult not to go a little crazy when your child is making choices that will cause them to "lose their eternal lives."

Oh I definately see that. I am aware that my life choice is something that still hurts my parents. Luckily we've all been trying to come to some understanding.

AuroraB - Thank you Aurora - it's the one thing I wanted to acomplish by sharing my story so it truly touches me that my endeavor was not in vain and it was able to give hope to at least one person.

Openmind - I'm glad you've at least been able to share it with your brother. I also hold out hope that even for the diehard family members we all have that there is some part of them that is human and can be touched. I do hope it happens for you too.

CHL - Yeah - I know.

Snoozy -

I wish more people leaving the witnesses would realize the position their Parents...or..children....are in. If we would only meet them half way we could have a better life and so would they.

Honestly Snoozy - your words encapsulate the biggest lesson I have learned in all of this. I had to acknowledge my own anger and disapointment before I could register theirs.

Aguest - Thanks, I appreciate the compliement.

Gopher - Thanks to you too.

Oompa - Yes they are still in. I don't expect them to leave anytime soon. I'm not sure their leaving would help either of us that much. They need their faith - and I see that now. It's hard for me to disrespect that since they have eventually come to respect my views. I've often thought of writing a book but I feel like it's not done yet -- my story anyway -- and I'm not sure how it would be recieved by the ex-jw community at large or just the publishing world in general. I once sat down to write a spoof and something that was based loosely on my life and loosely on the JW's but I couldn't make it funny -- it was too sad, and I didn't like having to try to invent a new and whacked out religion. But we'll see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit