Service has gotten so lame...They didn't even ask why?

by FreeWilly 10 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

So the Dubs were working my street this weekend. Unfortunately I got home just after they visited my house. So I see a couple working a few houses down. I decided to take my dog for a walk past them and casually request that they not call on my house. I made sure not to sound mean, I asked please and was quite pleasant about it. I was hoping they would at least ask why.....but no. They simply said " Uhh, OK." So a few minutes later another couple of men were on the opposite end of the block. This time I was super docile saying "Sorry, I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but we'd prefer if you didn't call on our house - is that OK?." They replied, "Uh, sure, we don't want to disturb anyone." I said "Oh No, you're not disturbing us, we just had a bad experience." Surely this would prompt at least a follow-up question i.e. why?! But no, they simply said "OK sorry about that." So lame.

I swear, JW's must pass out literature just so they can log hours in FS.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

I definately would have pressed it either. I may have asked about your dog though. One time I got a big scary biker at the door. He was hoping I was intimidated by him. Instead of preaching we started talking about bikes and the Hells Angels.

momz

• kwr
    kwr

Your lucky it wasn't me. "Listen you SOB we will call on your Fricking house anytime we feel like it. Don't ya know when Armagettin comes that I get your car, house and wife."

• moshe
    moshe

ME: " Hey, JW's how long you been hidin' pedophiles in your KH? Say- you wouldn't be a child molester, too, would you? ---- can you prove it? No? Well, then take a hike and don't ever come back to our neighborhood again, you perverts."

added: and that is why they don't ask , Why?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have wondered what is making them wuss out so much lately. I bet it's because the doctrines cannot stand up to the feather duster test.

If they came to my door, I would simply go right to Ephesians 2:8 and 9 and point out that salvation is not by works, and their requiring that people go from door to door for salvation is in blatant violation of that scripture.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I swear, JW's must pass out literature just so they can log hours in FS.

BINGO. You got it. Field service is the benchmark to measure your social desirability witin the cult. If you log in sufficient fs hours you are deemed socially acceptable. The reward for social acceptability is that you might get invited to some of the get-to-gethers.

• greater_freedom
    greater_freedom

I know what you talking about. Last Saturday, my son and I were picking up supplies for the game .

There is a Starbucks in in the store and wouldn't you know, there are ten witnesses having a break. Its 10:15 AM.

Service meets at 9:30. I did't say anything to my son because he is still defensive of the troof even though he hasn't

gone to a meeting in over a year.

So we do our shopping, which took 45 min, and we see a mom and little girl with the group come out of the restroom.

My son says, I thought I saw some JOHO's earlier. I was quite proud of him by the way.

So at 11:20 we are loaded up leaving the store. We stop to get gas in the same parking lot and there they are, still wasting

time getting snacks and soda at the gas station. My son again coments, the witlesses sure are getting in some quality time

today.

He made my whole weekend!

• faundy
    faundy

We used to say "I'm a cat now- I've done Miaower"

After an hour we used to get itchy feet. Then there was the "let's do return visits" so that we could sit in the car and take it in turns to get out and do a door. I loved that. I never had any RVs so whoever did took a hapless partner with them and we would sit in the car and chat.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW`s don`t ask why,about anything..If they expect a Negative Comment,about their Cult..La La LaLa La La.......................Laughing Mutley...OUTLAW

• uninformed
    uninformed

another saturday in the life of a zealous better than you christian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit