I need help understanding something

by bite me 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bite me
    bite me

about the memorial in Feb? (correct me if incorrect please) What exactly is it being remembered; Jesus Death, Resurrection, Birth? I'm still trying to understand all this; not for debats but for understanding and getting my family to understand certain areas that they may not realize is incorrect (when it is truly incorrect).

I have more questions but I'm trying to gather thoughts first.

Thank you for your time and input.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The Memorial is Saturday, March 22nd this year.

According to the Bible, Jesus was celebrating the Passover with his disciples.
    The blood of the lamb was spattered around the doorpost to spare those inside,
    and the passover was an observance of that miracle of God sparing them.

Jesus said to keep doing this (meal) in remembrance of him. According to theology,
    Jesus would replace the sacrificial lamb. The bread and wine became common at
    this meal, so Jesus used them to represent his body and blood.

We are supposed to be remembering his shed blood for all the sins of mankind so
    that the Father could spare everyone who is a sinner (everyone who accepts the
    sacrifice) and allow them to enter the kingdom. The body is remembered as one
    that was given to God's will in life and in death.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

The lunar year is only 354 days in length, so the Jewish lunisolar calendar made it fit with the solar length of the year by adding an extra intercalary month every so often. The modern Jewish calendar follows the practice of the later rabbis by following a certain algorithm that determines which specific year to add the month. The Watchtower Society follows what supposedly was the original means of establishing the date of Passover, on the theory that this was what was practiced by the Jews in the first century AD. That is why the date of Memorial is often a month apart from the official modern Passover; they intercalate at different calendar years.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Its not in Feb. It's in March. The day before Easter this year I believe.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I guess it must have happened before , but I cannot recall the Passover being so different to Easter and The Memorial. Thanks to Leolaia . This paragraph from another site was interesting too.

If you pay attention to the dates of Easter and Passover from year to year, you will notice that although they usually fall within a week or so of each other, on occasion Passover falls about a month after (Gregorian) Easter. At the present time, this happens in in the 3rd, 11th, and 14th years of the Metonoic Cycle (i.e., when the Golden Number equals 3, 11, or 14). The reason for this discrepancy is the fact that although the Metonic Cycle is very good, it is not perfect (as we've seen in this course). In particular, it is a little off if you use it to predict the length of the tropical year. So, over the centuries the date of the vernal equinox, as predicted by the Metonic Cycle, has been drifting to later and later dates. So, the rule for Passover, which was originally intended to track the vernal equinox, has gotten a few days off. In ancient times this was never a problem since Passover was set by actual observations of the Moon and of the vernal equinox. However, after Hillel II standardized the Hebrew calendar in the 4th century, actual observations of celestial events no longer played a part in the determination of the date of Passover. The Gregorian calendar reform of 1582 brought the Western Church back into conformity with astronomical events, hence the discrepancy.
  • bite me
    bite me

Thank you all for clearing this up more for me.

• trudy
    trudy

What exactly did Christ say in regards to his memorial?

( 2 Corinthians 11:25-26 )
    In like manner also the cup, after having supped, saying, This cup is the new covenant in my blood:

do this, as often as you shall drink [it], in remembrance of me.
    For as often as you shall eat this bread, and drink the cup, you announce the death of the Lord, until he come."

Are you supping with him? He commanded his followers to sup with him. Are you a doer of THE WORD or a
    hearer only? ~sound familiar~

By the way, I can prove the Watchtower leaders feed only themselves and not Christ's sheep.

Have you ever read the 'purpose of the Watchtower', found on the front cover of the Watchtower? On the 3rd paragraph it says:"The Watchtower stands as a watchman upon a tower, alert to what is going on, awake to signs of danger; faithful to point out the way of escape. It announces Jehovah's Kingdom established by Christ's enthronement in heaven, FEEDS HIS KINGDOM JOINT HEIRS with spiritual food"

Who are these joint heirs? According to the Watchtower teachings, the joint heirs are not the 'other sheep.'

( Ezekiel 34:2 )
    "Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy; and say unto them, unto the shepherds, Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Woe to the shepherds of Israel that feed themselves! Should not the shepherds feed the flock?"

( Ezekiel 34:10 )
    "Thus saith the Lord Jehovah: Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my sheep at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock: that the shepherds may feed themselves no more; and I will deliver my sheep from their mouth, that they may not be food for them." ( wolves in sheep 'clothing)

• trudy
    trudy

(Psalm 141)"Set a watch, O Jehovah, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Incline not my heart to any evil thing, to practice deeds of wickedness with men that are workers of iniquity; and let me not eat of their dainties." ( John 10:9 ) Christ said,"I am the DOOR: if any one enter in by me, HE SHALL BE SAVED, and shall go in and shall go out and shall find pasture." How long and how many times the Watchtower SHUT THAT DOOR? This proves they are false shepherds!

• trudy
    trudy

( Revelation 3:20 )
    "Behold, I stand at the door and am knocking; if any one hear my voice and open the door, I will come in unto him and sup with him, and he with me."

Are we open to his sayings? Are we ready to LISTEN? Do we obey his words?

IF so, all who follow him partake of the emblems in honor and rememberamce in appreciation of how he gave his body (his flesh and blood )for your behalf. Christ's blood covenant is for you too. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Do not believe the WT LIE. The other sheep are simply 'the gentiles' who joined the apostles (who were JEWS to fulfill Bible prophecy)

( Matt 26"26-27 )"And having taken [the] cup and given thanks, he gave [it] to them,
    saying, Drink ye all of it. ( A commandment! are you obedient? )

For this is my blood, that of the [new] covenant, that shed for many for remission of sins.

But I say to you, that I will not at all drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in the kingdom of my Father."

Christ said he will drink it new with us in his kingdom. What about those who do not do what he says?

( Luke 6:46 )
    And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things that I say?

• trudy
    trudy

I have written the above posts for those who do not realize they must obey all the commandments of Christ. I was a Jehovah's Witness most of my life....all those wasted years I did not do what Christ commanded. All those years I am ashamed to say I did not partake of the Lord's evening meal. Then how can I say I am following Christ when I disobeyed him? Jesus said, "I am THE TRUTH" John 14:6. All those years I was not in Christ (in the truth ) but was in a man made organized religion. I should have listened to it's founder, Russell, He said,"RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET". Better to find out now then too late. When Christ returns, HE WILL SHUT THE DOOR, then it may be too late. ( Isaiah 30:25 ) "And there shall be upon every high mountain and upon every hill that is lifted up, brooks [and] water-courses, in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall." Look what was written: ( 2 Corinthians 2:9 ) For to this end also I have written, that I might know, by putting you to the test, if as to everything you are obedient." The same man who wrote this said, "Follow me as I follow Christ." compare: 2 Thess 2:8-9

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit