Flimsy Excuses to Miss a Meeting

by WTWizard 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

A congregation in my circuit rescheduled the Sunday meeting because a sports match was on. I think it was soccer world cup. The elders knew there would be too many missing, and thought it would be better to just have the meeting later in the day. It hit the fan when the CO found out what they did!

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

I have a good one. Hubby came home last Sunday and made a call to one of his JW friends who had missed that day (apparently, although he doesn't hold office, hubby has taken up hounding as a hobby). As I heard it, the guy had gone to a wedding the night before and had some stuffing that contained shell fish hat he wasn't aware of which made him swell up so he couldn't go AND the SAME EXACT THING happened to his uncle so he had to miss.

Now, am I overly skeptical or does that sound completely fabricated?

• Hermano
    Hermano

Good topic. Brings back memories of when I would rack my brain trying to think of an excuse that would satisfy the wife and the hounders. Finally it just hit me right dead smack in my face that I did not want to go. And I had the balls to tell the wife the truth, no excuses, just the truth: "It is boring as hell. You're in a bad mood on the way over there, and in a bad mood on the way back. If Jehovah wants to kill me for not going, I'll accept my punishment." It felt SO good to just get that BS chore of my back. FREEDOM! Nothing feels so good after you've been repressed for so long.

Tonight while she's at the meeting, I'll be watching some educational television. (Laugh if you want. I love me some PBS.) I love Tuesday nights.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

The dog ate my Watchtower ....

• jambon1
    jambon1

The wife wanted to give me a gobble!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I got fed up with their booshit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest