Please Share Your Experiences of Jehovah's Witnesses Shunning You

by flipper 47 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

LOU BELLE - I'm glad it doesn't hurt any more for you . I too love my family - the shunning still hurts , although mostly I've come to feel sorry for them being stuck in a " mind control cult ".

BURN the SHIPS- That's the best way to handle people like that. Just go up to them and say Hello ! What are they going to say ?

COFFEE BLACK- That is crazy that the sister ran out of the store when she saw you ! Did she think you were a ghost or something ? LOL! I thought you handled yourself very dignified and respectful at your son's wedding and breakfast , having to deal with your ex. That was so good of you to pick up the tab ! Can you imagine the " cognizant dissidence " that created in your ex-husband ? That is disgusting your ex-sister in law would not read the whole letter about her niece and nephew ! This witness cult destroys natural human affection !

PROPHECOR- That is awful how that sister treated you at the hospital desk when you were just trying to do your job ! I think I would have gone to her superior and reported about her actions if they were blatant. It is amazing how prejudiced the witnesses can be towards ex-members and how they even allow it to prevent them from doing their jobs appropriately ! Sorry you went through that bro !

GORDY- I'm so sorry you have had a rough go of it friend ! That's a long time to not be able to talk with your daughters . Sounds like your ex-wife was a piece of work , treating you badly. I'm glad you wave at witnesses when you see them - just to show them we don't have to act the same way in return ! I hope someday you can re-connect with your daughters - like I hope to re-connect with my daughters as well. Peace bro.

JAMBON 1- I do think that the witnesses are really confused and have different opinions on us " non-returning inactive people ". I like that phrase you made - has a nice ring to it ! Thanks for starting it ! I hope it catches on !

BABAYAGA- Yeah, the witnesses really don't know what to do with us inactive , fading ex-jdubs ! Personally , some time as a joke , since they seem petrified of us , I think we should all dress up in costumes like we were extras from the movie ," Night of the Living Dead ", and surprise them some night at a meeting , walking in groaning eerily and try to harass the speaker and others sitting in the audience ! Strange- but I don't think they would get the joke ! LOL!

MINIMUS- I'm glad you haven't been shunned YET !I emphasize yet ! Sounds like you have a great mom like I do ! I hope things stay cool for you ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• oompa
    oompa

I am soooooo shunned....I was actually invited to a golf tournament in Murtle Beach, SC where I had won trophies at.....a dub event.....and then....even after being invited to it.....I was uninvited once I woke up and shared the knowledge...........................oompa

• flipper
    flipper

OOMPA - That sucks big time dude ! Hell, I'll meet ya halfway in the midwest somewhere and golf with ya bro ! When it's warmer ! You live on the east coast, me the west coast, maybe we could snag JK to come down too! What was your handicap last ? Just curious

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    Not even sure how she came to that conclusion since we hadn't spoken for so long. I'd love to say that it's the cult that is controlling their minds, but honestly, I think there are people in this org. that get a rise off of making themselves better than others. These "friends" were horrible friends when I was in the truth and my attempts at "forgiving others freely and forgetting" clouded that very obvious fact.

The more time goes past the more I am coming to believe that this is true.

I would love to just go up to them and greet them. But having been close to so many it hurts too much. Maybe I will get over this.

Isaac

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Hi K***** R***

She shunned me when we were both with colleagues in the grocery store at lunch over a year ago. She walked around the corner, looked at me and kept it moving.

Well....hello to you to and I still love you, your husband and your son despite the fact that you won't have $hit to do with me.

Love,

L

• flipper
    flipper

TRUTHSETSONEFREE- I know how you feel. I agree the "cult mind control" makes them feel they are superior to those outside the witnesses. I too am working up the courage to call an old witness friend of mine up I haven't talked with in 5 or 6 years. He was an elder , but liberal in views and a real close friend. I have finally gotten to the point after being out over 4 years where I'd like to call him - especially after all I've learned since fading from the cult. But I know I have to choose my words carefully though !

LONELY SHEEP- I'm sorry you were treated like that L.S. Sucks. Hang in there ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I have not spoken with my paternal grandmother since 1979, we have exchanged one set of letters since then in 1983. When my father was judged to have disassociated himself, I also became anathema.

But no one else has shunned my family, choosing instead to assert the Jehovah alone can judge the heart, and that they see no reason to shun.

• flipper
    flipper

VOIDEATER- I'm sorry to hear your grandmother shuns you still , but glad the rest of the family used their critical thinking ability and saw it wasn't up to them to judge - but God. I hope someday your grandmother comes around . You are fortunate most of your family still talks with you . Many are not that lucky

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit